About the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our server-side web application logic, and database integration, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of web development principles, server-side programming languages, and experience with database technologies.
• Develop and maintain server-side web application logic using programming languages
such as Python, PHP, Ruby, or Java.
• Work with front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
• Design and implement efficient and scalable database schemas, queries, and indexes.
• Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end by optimizing
application code and database queries.
• Collaborate with the QA team to ensure the quality of the codebase and the stability of the
• Develop and oversee testing schedules in client-server environment, addressing various
browsers and devices to ensure that content is displayed as intended
• Produce quality code, raising the bar for team performance and speed
• Recommend systems solutions by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of custom
development and purchase alternatives
• Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and maintainability
• Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise in the application.
• Keep up to date with the latest web development trends, technologies, and best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in back-end web development.
• Strong knowledge of server-side programming languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby, or
• Working knowledge of CMS framework
• Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB.
• Experience with web frameworks such as Django, Ruby on Rails, or Spring.
• Good understanding of web protocols and standards such as HTTP, HTTPS, REST, and
• Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, and web design
• Experience in writing highly secure web applications
• Experience with core AWS web-enabling technologies
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment