About the job
We’re looking for an experienced, senior-level UX Researcher to join our UX Design team at Mashreq Bank. The role will be based at Mashreq Global Headquarters in Dubai.
Our ambition is to create a high performing, well-rounded UX team that helps to lead the business towards creating products and services that are truly customer-focused.
You will work on large and small initiatives, looking at long and near-term impacts. You will help to craft research roadmaps across the Retail Banking spectrum, working closely with UX Designers, Product Owners, Marketing, CX, and other stakeholders to ensure research is aligned to business goals and priorities.
Our ideal candidate is proactive, seeking to contribute to, and improve, our products and services. You will be able to connect research insights to our products and services and have the pragmatism and experience to know what to prioritise, and where to focus efforts to bring the most value.
You will be able to demonstrate experience leading complex research efforts and know how to generally get things done.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Lead the planning and execution of research activities, coordinating with customers, product owners, marketing, and other stakeholders
- Create and maintain a research repository.
- Analysis and synthesis of both quant and qual research data, facilitating journey/experience maps, service blueprints, scenario maps, and other research documentation.
- Identify market gaps and opportunities.
- Coordinate with UX Designers and Product Owners to ensure that research is supporting and contributing to the design of products and services.
- Coodinate with Analytics to facilitate A/B testing opportunities.
- Plan and execute user testing and create supporting documentation such as scripts and report summaries. Present findings to Squads and other stakeholders and facilitate the prioritisation of findings to be actioned.
- Work with senior members of the business (Department heads, Tribe heads, POs, Chapter Leads), as well as UX Designers at all levels, to develop appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service, product or proposition, and to continually test and improve Mashreq services and products.
- Guide Product Owners and UX Designers to conduct research with a high degree of rigor and ensure defined research processes are followed.
- Foster a culture of involvement in customer research across Mashreq.
- Must be able to come up with creative solutions and consider a variety of alternative solutions for each problem.
- Inform product and proposition direction through research outputs and analysis.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience (Continued)
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a Psychology/UX-related field, or 8+ years of research experience in a high-performing agile organisation.
- Passionate about user research and driven by doing the right thing for customers and end-users.
- The ability to think at a strategic level about products and services.
- High degree of analytical skills to interpret results and present effectively to senior members.
- Skilled in planning, conducting, and communicating concept & usability testing, quantitative and qualitative research methods, studies, surveys, customer journey mapping, service blueprints, archetypes and other research outputs.
- Able to synthesise and build easy to understand insights and drive decision making.
- Detail-oriented but also pragmatic, focusing on validating hypotheses and learning quickly.
- Understanding of design processes, design methods, Design, UX and CX principles.
- Ability to liaise and discuss with Product Owners, Design Leads, Marketing Leads, and other key stakeholders.
- Team player with a positive attitude who genuinely cares about working as part of a team and helping others.
- Knowledge of digital accessibility.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English. Arabic language skills are a plus.