About the job
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technology Specialist – Azure Data & Artificial Intelligence (AI) to join our team.
As a Azure Data and AI Technology Specialist you will be required to demonstrate and articulate the value proposition of Azure Data and AI services to customers, including but not limited to
- Azure SQL
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Fabric
- Azure Purview
- Azure Machine Learning
- Azure Cognitive Services
- Power BI
If you are passionate about Azure Data and AI services, possess excellent communication and technical skills, and enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and contribute to the success of our customers by driving the adoption of Azure Data and AI technologies.
Scale Customer Engagments
- Engages with customer technical decision makers and anticipates customer needs and issues proactively through data gathering.
- Uses knowledge of customer context and solution or portfolio expertise to build credibility with customers individually or at scale. Develops technical and market/industry knowledge.
- Ensures technical wins for core technologies by driving technical discussions with customers. Improves customer interactions through feedback and observation.
- Engages other internal resources (e.g., roles, Microsoft Technology Center, demo sites, virtual sites), mapping out and leveraging foundational resource knowledge for key areas of technology as needed to overcome technical blockers on assigned technology set.
Scale Through Partners
- Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by contributing to the facilitation of technical engagements and partnering with colleagues to manage the sales process.
- Shares competitive insights from customer sessions with colleagues and escalates/resolves competitive situations to influence compete strategies.
- Provides strategic, technical input based on Microsoft capability to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner and internal teams.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC) by driving new feedback, blockers, insights, resource (e.g., OneList) items across communities so they can be added and prioritized.
- Works with account teams to tailor Microsoft messaging to audience and captures and shares customer feedback using knowledge of specific Microsoft solutions and their context in a competitive landscape.
- Collaborates with team members to monitor and analyze customer usage of key/prioritized Microsoft solutions/products that support customer’s business outcomes. Identifies opportunities to promote usage.
Solution Design and Proof
- Identifies and applies existing demonstration assets. Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations (e.g., architectural design sessions [ADS], proof of concept [POC] sessions) of solutions based on specific Microsoft products through initial engagements. Leverages partner/customer teams as needed to prove capabilities and integration into customer environment. Reviews partner demonstrations and provides feedback to ensure alignment with Microsoft standards.
- Presents and applies reference architectures across technologies/solution areas to partners or customers for their technology sets.
- Expands awareness of and begins practicing digital transformation sales methodologies (e.g., challenger sales).
- Builds their own readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of architecture.
- Conducts group training or one-to-many events (e.g., workshops, Webinars) or leverages existing scale enablement programs to present and educate customers and colleagues on the capabilities and benefits across Microsoft solutions/products.
- Monitors and responds to internal and external tech community posts, attends community calls, sessions, hackathon, etc., and acts as a mentor for their technology area. Contributes and participates in Customer Executive Briefing Center sessions. Shares best practices internally on community calls and drives recognition of Microsoft cloud solutions through presentations and engagements with external audiences.
- Embody our culture and values
- 8+ years technical pre-sales, technical consulting, or related experience.
- 8+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management.
- 8+ Years of experience in the data/ai domain.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.
Posted on Sep 14, 2023.