About the job
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to provide engineering and technical assistance to QRC personnel, Sales Engineers and customers to develop the best possible repair and upgrade solutions to aftermarket jobs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to concerned parties.
The Solutions Engineer leads all requests for technical solutions of a given area and works under guidance of engineering specialists to provide support and expertise to internal and external customers on RFQ, orders, root-cause analyses, etc.
- Reviews and/or develops high level scope of work for QRC jobs, when required.
- Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.)
- Identify upgrades opportunities and support the generation of upgrade quotes, provide justification or support Life Cycle Cost analysis for evaluation, when feasible.
- Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor-dynamic, metallurgical, or finite element analysis is performed.
- Accountable for documenting and communicating design changes initiated by the QRC.
- First technical contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
- Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
- Support sales to present FLS technical capabilities to Customers.
- Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues including but not limited to NCR disposition, supporting shop mechanics during assembly.
- Provide sketches to facilitate quick repairs.
- Support site discussions by attending, presenting, and detailing key points in technical offerings to end-user when required by sales strategy.
- Support sales strategy when targeting new customers in presenting Flowserve Services and Solutions Engineering capabilities, products, and success stories.
- Support sales calls to attend, present and detail key points in technical offerings during site discussions with end-users.
- Leads root-cause analysis campaign at site – when required – and works in close collaboration with engineering specialists and sales teams to define the path forward, action plan and commercial strategy.
- Participates in the evaluation of technical feasibility and minimizes technical risks in our solution proposals, backed up by engineering specialists.
- Periodically develop presentation materials used for internal and external promotion of Services and Solutions Engineering products, case studies, whether during internal events or at external industry events (technical forum, seminar).
- Assist sales and operational teams to assess their training needs; develop new or use existing training material to help raise technical competency across the assigned areas.
- Rotating equipment design knowledge.
- Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types, a clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems.
- General knowledge of metallurgical requirements & applications
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
- Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding.
- Able to work closely with customers (face to face or by telephone), a good verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner.
- All-round knowledge of various Flowserve Services and Solution Engineering.
- Products, pump lines, energy markets and eagerness to learn more on a long-term basis.
- Demonstrates competence to edit and develop technical reports, technical training, and customer presentations. Shows good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates “customer focus” to support all internal/external technical support requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industrial processes equipment and controls, experienced in site assessments to assess, and resolve pumping equipment performance issues.
- Team player.
- Language skills, English as a minimum.
- Computer-Assisted Design/3-Dimensional design.
- Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Accountability and execution for completing work timely and to specifications.
- Basic project management skills.
Req ID : R-5631
Job Family Group : Engineering
Job Family : EN Engineering
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words “Accommodation Request” as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.