About the job
About The Role
Looking for a Database Lead to manage database applications within Qatar Airways Flight Operations, which involves building changes, optimizing existing models.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements of new software applications, build/optimize conceptual and logical database models for OLTP systems and data warehouse systems. Contribute in interface discussions and come up with interface data model.
- Liaise with developers to improve application performance and establish best practices
- Ability to support long term goals along with immediate performance concerns.
- Develop database monitoring scripts using sys/dba tables.
- Responsible for database upgrades.
- Support production databases, maintain DB interfaces and data integrity between systems, monitor performance KPI and take up corrective actions.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) / Bachelor’s degree with minimum 6-8 years of experience in advanced Oracle PL/SQL development and having worked in architecturally complex projects.
- Should have strong knowledge of database performance analysis, query optimization and performance tuning.
- Must have experience in migrating data from other databases and legacy systems.
- Should be knowledgeable in Linux / shell scripting.
- Good command of English and should be able to articulate ideas / proposal properly.
Preferred Skill Set
- Should have experience in “High Available” resilient oracle databases like RAC / Cluster.
- Experience in DevOps tools like Redgate/ Liquibase /Jenkins/ AzureDevOps pipelines.
- Knowledge of building complex reports using tools like BIRT, using Business Intelligence tools like QlikView, Business Objects.
- Knowledge of an Airline’s Flight Operations data domain (Flight and Crew related domain).
- Experience in PostgreSQL
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How To ApplyIf you’re ready to join a progressive team and have a challenging and rewarding career, then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.