About the job
In this role as a TS Controller, you will be responsible as a team member for administration, performance tuning, integrity, availability and security of SQL Server databases. Responsible for delivering technology solutions that add strategic business value and will be involved in all stages of our projects from the architecture, technical solutions and reviews.
- Excellent skills in Administration of SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019.
- Hand on experience in Administration of SQL server business intelligence features like SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Hands on experience in implementing database security features like Dynamic Data Masking SQL server features.
- Hands on experience in implementation of SQL server High availability features like Always on, SQL Mirroring, SQL Replication and SQL Log shipping.
- Hands on experience in Active-passive and Active-Active SQL server clustering.
- Hand on experience in implementing DR solutions using the SAN based replication is a must.
- Hand on experience in using the tools like SQL profiler, database Tuning Advisor and others.
- Good experience in configuring and analyzing performance reports using SQL server Management Data Warehouse reports and Performance Dashboard reports.
- Good SQL scripting knowledge for automating the maintenance tasks.
- Hand on experience in tuning SQL server Database queries. Good knowledge in network and storage management.
- Good knowledge in linking the SQL server data with other RDBMS like oracle and Open source databases using linked servers, Oracle gate way.Conceptual knowledge in Cloud architecture.
- Good to have required Azure certification.
- Optimization database system administration activities.
- SQL server integration with other products like Power BI, SCOM and others tools.
- Capacity planning and auditing.
- Hands on experience implementing database security.
- To be successful in this role, you must hold a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. You must have more than 6+ years of IT experience
- Good understanding of databases features. Ability to manage multiple tasks including Incident/Ticket management, Upgrades, and Deployments.
- Ability to work across teams to resolve issues and outages.
- Reduction in time to restoration of service outages. Root cause identification and ultimate remediation of issue. Pre-determination of issues before they become outages.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with database log analysis, event viewer.
- Providing technical support for operation.
- Review the existing server’s architecture and plan for consolidations without compromising on performance with minimal down time.
- Conducting cost saving exercise and planning for database consolidation.
- Oracle and Open Source database hands on experience.
- Experience in working large OT environments and in a mixed environment of both standard TCP/IP and nonstandard networking protocols.