The Group Securities
About the job
The Group Securities is a well-established investment organization working in the finance industry since 1989, as a company devoted to the stock exchange. It was licensed once Qatar Stock Exchange was founded in 1997 and provides an array of investment services to more than 400,000 investors, with portfolios exceeding QR 100 billion. As brokerage firm, The Group Securities finances margin trading and operates as liquidity provider for the listed shares and ETFs. The company has a paid-up capital worth (QR 1 billion) and has been continuously posting profit since its inception. Besides being licensed by Qatar Financial Market Authority to exercise these activities, The Group Securities is also a member of Qatar Stock Exchange.
- Establishing the needs of the organization and the goals of each project
- Examining current systems and carrying out regular reviews of how well they are supporting the organization.
- Talking to users and establishing their needs from the system
- Solving problems with existing systems
- Designing, testing and implementing new systems
- Managing projects to ensure IT changes do not disrupt the organization.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software applications
- Familiarity with programming languages like Python, JS, C and Java
- Understand use cases and the ability to draw and build flow charts
- Familiarity with RDMS like Oracle (Preferably HRMS)
- Experience with Agile software development using JIRA, and version control (ex. Git, GitLab)
- designing, testing and implementing new systems
- liaising with stakeholders to keep them informed of progress and to seek feedback.
- liaising with other IT staff such as programmers to produce new systems.
- Previous proven experience in similar key areas
- 3 – 7 Years of experience
- BSc in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or relevant field