About the job
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This is a key technical role with a focus on the Wintel platform; your remit will cover all aspects of the delivery of platform support both within Advanced infrastructure and Implementation.
As Sr. System Engineer, you will provide hands-on support for hardware/software, operating systems, and network connectivity for complex problems. You will report to our Sr. IT Infrastructure System Engineer (Team Lead).
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Implementation and support enterprise hosted infrastructure and platforms on VMWare Virtual Infrastructure.
- Administration of Physical Servers and VMWare infrastructure (vCenter, ESXi, and VMs)
- Implementation and Administration of multiple Microsoft Windows, Active Directory.
- Implementation and maintain infrastructure on premises and in the cloud; systems include Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, and Office 365 global administration.
- Responsibility on maintaining O365, troubleshooting, emails (calendar sync, user issues, restore data, Infoblox issues, etc.).
- Experienced in building infrastructure using Amazon Web Services platform
- Knowledge on different server operating system such as Windows, Linux etc.
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of new software and hardware, including the server network and devices.
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, IT system operations and storage utilization.
- Plans for necessary hardware and software upgrades to support system growth.
- Installing and configuring system updates desktop and server
- Provide application configuration at time of implementation or migrations, ongoing monitoring and change management support.
- Responsible for monitoring, administering, and supporting the backup infrastructure.
- Day to day backup and restore responsibilities, as well as troubleshooting failed
- backups and all issues with backup infrastructure server and Tape Library components.
- Provide daily administrative support for MDM.
- Manage users, apps, and basic enterprise level MDM configuration profiles and troubleshooting
- Work with vendors and internal support teams to update, maintain, and patch all DDI systems infrastructure
- Resolving identified vulnerabilities based on defined standards.
- Be updated about the latest developments in network technologies.
- Review and update support documents and Maintaining System Documentation
- Providing level 2 and level 3 support
- Provides support with escalated help desk requests.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Applications, or related field.
- 12+ years of working experience in Windows/VMware in large enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud administration, operations, & DR
- Prefer to have VMware, Microsoft, and AWS certifications
- Excellent troubleshooting experience
- Experience supporting clustering environment
- Experiences with MDM platforms (Intune)
- 5+ years of experience in administering large Exchange/O365 environments.
- Strong knowledge of managing Active Directory infrastructure for the Enterprise required.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate.
- Ability to solve technical performance issues
- TIL Foundation V4
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills able to speak directly and professionally.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice . If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice .
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.