About the job
WE ARE LOOKING FOR Software Validation Engineer in Abu Dhabi
- As a SW Validation Engineer you are responsible for designing and building infrastructure that is required to integrate and validate the SoC for its intended use models. This involves building the entire prototype ecosystem like boards, FPGAs, FW, Software and Automation suites; And then further integrating this environment with internally developed test equipment, protocol analyzers etc along with other engineers.
- You are also responsible to develop a comprehensive test plan by utilizing design specifications, marketing requirements and newly drafted standards including PCIe, CXL, DDR4/5, NVMe, SAS, SATA, NAND flash and other standards commonly used in Cloud Data and Compute Centers or Storage Area Network
- Working with experts from external, internal and facilities teams to develop the environment to conduct the experiments
- Researches, designs, develops, and optimizes software tools that enable the use of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA).
- Develops and optimizes compilers, flows, assemblers, models, tools, runtimes, and/or firmwares that are closely coupled to FPGA silicon, IP, and boards, while leveraging strong knowledge of FPGA hardware, logic design, board design, semiconductor devices, and chip layout.
- Integrating prototype SOC HW and FW into a complete solution. This includes working with emulation platforms, proto-ICs, validation boards, FW and SW to bring an entire system level solution to life and enable functional testing and FW development.
- Develop, execute, and document a series of feature tests that will fully validate the operation of the SoC and its various functional HW blocks and FW to ensure all components and the overall SoC is functioning per design specs, achieves expected performance and meets industry requirements and standards.
- Working with pre-silicon FGPA based emulation platforms and prototype (post-silicon) ICs/SOCs.
- Architecting, building and maintaining validation infrastructure through the development of boards, FPGAs, embedded software, device drivers and test bench scripts.
- Developing block, subsystem and system level test FW and scripts, and further integrating them in to best-in-class test automation suites.
- Finding and reporting bugs. Working with cross-expertise teams and leading efforts to isolate, investigate and solve them.
- Learning and dynamically applying knowledge of the device, system, protocols, and industry standards.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS The Professional We Are Looking For Should HaveIndustry / Domain
- Embedded systems experience
- Applications and Framework experience – research and/or commercialization of embedded solutions
- Broad understanding of complex systems, protocols, software, hardware, cryptography
Necessary Knowledge And Experience
- 5+ years test and verification experience in research and/or advanced technology. Experience with UAVs are optional.
- Deep validation and verification knowledge
- Experienced with any of the commonly used devops tools like Jenkins, Hydra, Git, JIRA etc.
- Experience with ARM architecture and/or RISCV architecture and general development board experience, like board bring up and debugging
- Solid programming skills with C/C++, optionally Python, RUST or other equivalent languages.
- Experience with SYCL / CUDA programming would be a plus
- Experience in FPGA and Verilog / VHDL
- Experience in IC and SoC validation
- Experience working with prototype ICs, boards and HW infrastructure.
- Experience working in a lab environment and knowledge of relevant test equipment and protocol analyzers.
- Experience in debug and investigation of SoC’s using FW and MIPS debug environment.
- Strong knowledge of digital system and computer architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Data Communication and Digital Design theory.
- Knowledge of PCIe system architecture and protocol. Ability to read and analyze PCIe protocol traces.
- Familiarity with CXL, DDR, I2C, SPI protocols is an asset.
- Ability to develop and execute functional validation plans and necessary validation software and scripts.
- Experience with RTOSes, for example Nuttx&PX4 or seL4 is a plus
- Self-motivation and willingness to learn new things, problem solving skills
- Great communication skills and team player mindset
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant discipline with 12+ years of research or industry experience
WHY JOIN UNIKIE?At Unikie, You Will Get To
- Build new solutions for our customers and work with cutting edge technologies?
- Collaborate along with colleagues who are the top in their field and together with our customers to strive for understanding what they need?
- Develop and challenge yourself and learn more from experienced software talents?
- Work with modern technologies and be involved to solve complex difficult challenges our customers might be facing?
- Have an excellent compensation for your work.
- Work in a global environment that develops modern, secure solutions for pioneers in their field
- Work in a flexible low-hierarchy organization that looks after its own
- In addition to our customer deliveries, we focus on our own R&D, where you can bring your own expertise to if you want to
How To Apply