About the job
Job Id: 23653658
- Take ownership for delivering the development task assigned.
- Ensure delivery within tight timelines and meeting the team’s expectation.
- Get involved in the entire lifecycle of the development project
- Understand the requirement from Project Lead and ensure quality deliverables.
- Ensure quality and optimized coding with proper documentation
- Do peer code reviews
- Develop unit plan and perform unit testing and provide continuously improved product experience
- Actively assist Support team wherever required
- Assist Project Lead in coordinating with business analysts & user communities to define requirements
- Participate in the technical design
- Actively assist Project Lead to deliver quality output
- Together with the team contribute to innovative & best-in-class solutions for our business
Development Value:This position gives an excellent opportunity for the selected candidate to play a significant role in an exciting and critical business within Citi. As a member of our highly acclaimed Technology team, this role provides the opportunity to participate in and shape the expansion and pre-eminence of our Business working together with our team of highly skilled technologists. The opportunity to work in front-office application space spanning multiple asset classes in a high-velocity & high availability environment is, of itself, an exciting proposition. We believe it is even more special to do this as part of Citi, a premier financial institution that is one of the biggest and best in the market, and as a part of our team that has a high visibility for our work both inside our larger organisation as well as in the global Capital Markets world. The position will enable you to leverage Citi’s incomparable geographical reach, product richness, and engineering expertise and to translate these into a successful and top-of-the-class product offering for our customersKnowledge/Experience:preferably 2-5(experienced Developers) years hands on experience in pure technical roles in development of various software applications.Technology:
- Thorough understanding of usage of the fundamental concepts of Java and J2EE
- Exposure to an industry-standard database (Oracle) on a UNIX platform with awareness of database design and SQL scripting knowledge and performance tuning
- Awareness of unit testing frameworks like JUnit or TestNG
- Strong interpersonal and articulation skills (spoken and written)
- Ability to partner with non-technical and technical peers; ability to work effectively with remote colleagues; participate technical discussions
- Strong team orientation and commitment to overall team success; willing to go above and beyond to ensure team success; intense customer focus and commitment to driving quality
- Effective time management skills in order to manage multiple priorities with flexibility on time zones and timelines
- Logical thinking, High analytical and problem solving skills; innovative and solutions oriented
- Awareness of application servers /webservers (JBoss and Tomcat)
- Work experience on the transactional applications for low latency, high availability uses is a plus
- Work experience in technologies like JMS / Kafka is a plus
- Knowledge of various treasury products, viz. FX, Money Markets, Fixed Income & Derivatives is a plus
- Graduation/Post Graduation qualifications in Computer Engineering (preferable) or any equivalent stream with a very good academic record throughout.
- A high degree of Analytical ability and Quantitative skills is desirable
- Innovative and Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Planning and Organising – Ability to identify the steps to be taken to achieve objectives
- Resilience – Used to working towards tight deadlines, under pressure and using appropriate coping methods to stay focused
- Accountability –self start on goals and achieve target