The American University in the Emirates
About the job
We are looking for Software Engineer to join the American University in the Emirates.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelors in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Information Technology
3 To 5 Years Of UAE Based Relevant Experience.
Skills / Training / Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of .NET (VB.NET, Web services and ASP.NET)
- Good Numerical and Analytical Skills.
- Goods hands on Crystal Reports.
- SQL Database
- Analyzing and accessing the business value and need of the software solution in terms of required, mandatory compliance, return on investment or anti-risk.
- Design and Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with customer/Stakeholders; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the agile development methodologies.
- Design and implement features across multiple subsystems within our in-house ERP solution including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and deployment. (Integration with subsystems or with external systems like kiosks, Network International, Time attendance Machines, SMART chip attestation etc.)
- Define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services.
- Receive Feedback from customer/clients through presentations, prototypes and user acceptance test (simulation).
- Keeping in consideration the scope, deadlines and costs. Be flexible in welcoming changes but needs to report its impact to the stakeholder.
- Understanding what the customer asks for. (Proper Requirement gathering.)
- Stake holder’s engagement by effective communication and frequent updates about the progress of the solution. Maintain positive client interactions
- Provide operational assistance to other departments when required.
- Effective Brainstorming.
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
- Continuous Improvement Practices: Retrospectives and Process tailoring.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations regarding process improvements, technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.