About the job
Mozn is a rapidly growing and leading data science & product development firm based in Riyadh with a proven track record of excellence in supporting and growing the analytics ecosystem in Saudi Arabia.
As a Software Engineer at Mozn, you can expect to work on problems that are of national scale and importance. Often, the projects we work on end up forming the foundation for a data science function in the client organization; this is a unique opportunity to build systems from the ground up at a massive scale, changing the lives of millions of citizens.
As a Software Engineer, your daily workload might include:
- Contribute to technical discussions to gather requirements and develop product features or solutions while maintaining standard methodologies.
- Research and document proposed solutions.
- Build, maintain, and debug web applications and tooling.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Develop processes for automating, testing, and deploying your work.
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Management and other professionals within your team and across the organization.
Our target profile is candidates with…
- MSc/BSc in Computer Science or any related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role is preferred, professional certifications are a plus.
- Solid understanding and experience of Python and C programming languages.
- Experience with software revision control tools such as Git.
- Ability to explain sophisticated system issues
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Ability to work with a large interdisciplinary team on modeling complex engineering problems within an optimization framework.
We think you’ll enjoy working at Mozn. Here’s why:
- We selectively choose to undertake projects with impact; our users and clients trust us to solve mission-critical problems.
- We move quickly, but carefully and confidently. Iterations happen on the scale of days to weeks, and we invest considerable effort in minimizing the operational overhead to empower you to do your best work.
- You will be given a lot of responsibility and trust. We believe that the best results come when the people responsible for a product are given the freedom to do what they think is best.