Kuwait College of Science and Technology
About the job
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Responsible to manage the SDLC, from planning and prioritizing to testing and rapid delivery. Will be part of the development team that works on business applications. As a Java developer team member, you have to contribute to the design and development of an application. The incumbent has to take part in the end-to-end stages of the development lifecycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Every role comes with responsibilities and the employees have to justify those responsibilities. Following are some crucial responsibilities senior Java developers are entitled to.
· Analyze and assess the client’s business needs to find the best solution for the client. Overall strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential for this role
· Gather system requirements, build application specification documents, draw flow charts, design application architecture, and implement modernized application design and testing features before release.
· Must have hands-on experience in developing software with agile or scrum methodologies and be ready to lead our junior developer’s team.
· Must have an innovative thought process and creative thinking which can bring out of the box and alternate ways of system implementation.
· Ensure the applications be secure and up-to-date.
· Interact with the customer and internal teams in Identifying a To perform activities related to the creation of documents for client requirements.
· Prioritize the task and execute tasks throughout the SDLC.
· Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
· accomplish the organization’s mission by completing related results as needed.
· Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
· Passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
· Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
· Provide technical help to junior developers.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
· • Knowledge of Java development tools (Eclipse, Maven, etc.)
· • Knowledge of Jasper Report using Jasper Studio
· • Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Plugins & Source control tools (JAVA SDK, Maven, Ant, SVN).
· • Knowledge of Relational Databases & SQL, Mysql Development of Java frontend technologies
· Using the UI technologies like CSS, JS, Ajax, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
· • Knowledge in JPA, Hibernate, JDBC, SQL, Spring, JUnit, JSON, REST/JSON web services.
· • Application Server: Tomcat/JBoss
· • Desirable- Knowledge JBOSS/ Wildfly
· • Knowledge in Using DBMS tools like MYSQL workbench / Navicat for MySQL
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience with user interface design, database structures, and statistical analyses.
· 6+ years of experience as a software JAVA developer or any similar role
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases MySQL, MsSQL & Oracle
· In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like Struts, Play, JSF, and Spring MVC.
· Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows)
· Experience in coding, testing, and documenting Drupal themes – including all front-end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Experience in building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through the actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines
· Experience with mission-critical, 24×7 systems
· Experience in implementing and consuming large-scale web services
· Experience in developing software utilizing workflow
· Experience with professional software development best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with Object-Oriented Design
· Positive and professional approach at all times
· Experience with large and disparate data sets.
· Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API.
· Familiar with Open Source tools and good to have experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS).