About the job
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in the UAE will be considered for this role.
You will develop, test and deploy software tools in order to drive software improvements to help maintain new and innovative technology! Together with the team, you will also participate in code reviews as well as technical meetings to contribute to the overall product roadmap to align with the customer requirements. This also includes contributing to the improvement of the quality assurance process.
Ability to work on fast-paced projects using state of the art tools for continuous learning and process improvements. Proven history of software documentation and knowledge of legacy products and automated testing. You have a flexible attitude and are able to work collaboratively and are able to adapt to different scenarios by bringing innovate solutions!
What You’ll Need
- Degree in Computer Science (or similar field of study) or equivalent self-taught experience.
- You are and organized person with experience in full cycle software development and have a passion for coding
- You are self-motived and are able to think outside the box in providing solutions.
What Will Help You On The Job
- Familiarity with databases (Mysql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB);
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol, JSON and Web APIs;
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Comfortable use of version control systems (git, in our case)
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.
Posted on Jun 23, 2023.