About the job
The Senior Technology Engineer will play a key role in driving the engineering function within Emirates NBD Group for the technologies he/she is responsible for.
While managing the day-to-day operational activities is not expected here, this role will be accountable for the overall delivery activities such as Design, Development, Implementation, Standardization, Automation and Capacity Planning.
You will be expected to have a T-shaped technical profile to be able to switch between multiple disciplines based on the project requirement where your core strength is coming from Linux operating system. The ideal candidate is also expected to automate the requirements of the platform in infrastructure as code way and take accountability of the end-to-end solution.
The role is expected to have discussions with Technical and Solution Architects to find optimal solution to a problem and implement it based on the infrastructure and project requirements. You are encouraged not only use but also contribute into open-source technologies wherever it is applicable while maintaining interoperability and functionality of the infrastructure. You will be expected to do deep dive into various technologies and explore the capabilities to leverage.
- At least 8 years of experience at a relevant technical position in large organizations,
- Must have led 2 transformation projects migration on on-prem workloads to a Public Cloud solution.
- Must be an expert in Terraform and Ansible and have hands ‘on experience in migrating application to Cloud.
- Must have experience in managing pipelines using Jenkins
- GITOPS driven configuration management and deployment
- Must have expert in comparing services across Public Cloud.
- Must understand cloud adoption model for major cloud services CPU Architectures, Storage and Network connectivity.
- Knowledge in Windows internals
Knowledge & Skills:
- Depth knowledge in Public Cloud Technologies.
- Knowledge about API communications (Rest/Soap), developing a new consumer/publisher for any API
- Conceptual understanding about infrastructure and how it works,
- DNS (Authoritative and Non- Authoritative DNS, Dynamic and bind DNS, Forwarder)
- SSL Communication (Handshake of SSL traffic, Cipher Suites, Enc Algorithms,)
- Active Directory (Security OUs, policies)
- Certificates (SAN, client-authentication, keystores, mutual SSL)
- Load balancers / Site Selectors / Firewall
- Vault Tools (CyberArk / Hashicorp)
- High Availability
- Excellent hands-on experience in configuration management, orchestration and IaC tools (Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Excellent Scripting in
- Groovy (writing Jenkins Files)
- Bash / PowerShell
- Must understand the principles of cloud connectivity, SDWAN, private connectivity.
- Strong understanding of Repository and Artifact management Tools (Red Hat Satellite, pacewalk, Nexus)
- Strong understanding of Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Strong understanding of ELK and its beats (Audit beat, File Beat)
- Strong understanding of OS Compliance Policies (CIS Benchmark)
- Agile methodologies and its ceremonies