About the job
Primary purpose of job
QatarEnergy is looking for an experienced Data Engineer in the Trading Solutions team to:
- Design, develop, maintain and support the Data Lake ETL using the Azure Data Factory and play a key role in developing a scalable and data-driven LNG Trading business.
- Build bespoke data collection tools and connections to a variety of sources (e.g. databases, API, FTP, HTML web scraping), and implement data pipelines using SQL, Python and Azure. Lead construction of visualization, reporting, and modelling tools (bespoke web applications, Power BI, Tableau) and provide technical expertise to the wider team in this area.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery on Azure.
- Take primary responsibility for driving data quality and integrity standards across the LNG trading organization, driving processes, standards, and raising general awareness of the importance of world-class data quality throughout the business.
- Provide timely expert and technical support on Trading analytics systems. Contribute as required to IT projects to implement new or transform existing Trading solutions.
- Partner with architects, analysts, and technology stakeholders for developing and deploying enterprise grade platforms that enable data-driven solutions.
- Document and share knowledge & practices related to Trading analytics systems.
- Apply security measures by following security procedures and standards to ensure secure environment. Manage and address Trading systems vulnerabilities and threats.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience with Azure services such as Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Database, Synapse, DevOps, Pipeline, etc within the financial industry.
- Good experience with SQL Server and proficient in writing SQL.
- Experience with a range of Azure services, including Infrastructure and Security related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking, and Azure Security.
- Experience in building data feeds (from scratch), and the implementation of visualization and reporting tools and models, ideally within a trading environment.
- Experience in Python, C# and VBA is considered a strong plus.
- Clear understanding of software development & version control best practices. Ability to implement solutions using Agile methods, including prototyping and tactical solutions to meet the short-term and dynamic needs of the business.
- Knowledge and experience dealing with trading / financial data types & sources. An understanding of the global Gas and LNG markets as well as related Trading business is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and stakeholder management skills, at a variety of organizational levels.
- Ability to own projects from end to end, working with business stakeholders, IT teams and 3rd party companies to ensure timely and quality project delivery.
- Self-reliance and self-sufficiency; willingness to help build a business from the ground upwards in a phased manner but with quick short-term solutions essential for success.
- Strong delivery focus is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
Posted on Nov 7, 2023.