About the job
Are you a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced fintech environment? Do you enjoy ensuring technology infrastructure and applications are always up and running, no matter what? If your answer is yes, keep reading to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior SRE!
At Deriv, you’ll be at the forefront of maintaining and improving our technology stack’s reliability, scalability, and performance. You will be responsible for leading technical projects and providing mentorship and guidance to junior SREs. Working closely with other teams, you’ll help to elevate our engineering practices to new heights.
We’re taking on some big challenges and making some major upgrades to our technology stack. We’re moving towards a cutting-edge micro-service-based architecture, introducing the power of Kubernetes and infrastructure as code and ramping up our automation to the max. Plus, we’re working hard to support seamless switchover from one cloud to another, no matter whether our services are stateful or stateless.
All of this is happening while we continue to maintain uptime and develop new features daily. It’s an exciting journey, and we’re looking for talented engineers who want to come along for the ride.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that’s pushing the boundaries of fintech technology. Are you up for the challenge? Apply now!
- Take ownership of technical projects that enhance the reliability, scalability, and performance of our infrastructure and applications. You’ll be the go-to person for ensuring that our technology is always running smoothly.
- Collaborate with our development teams to design and implement solutions that meet our high standards for reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Create and maintain automation and monitoring systems that keep our production environment healthy and quickly resolve production issues. You’ll be our superhero on the front lines!
- Drive the continuous improvement of our incident response processes, making sure we learn from our mistakes and constantly improve our ability to handle any situation that arises.
- Lead and mentor our junior SREs, providing guidance and support as they develop their skills and expertise. We’re all about growing together!
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the SRE and DevOps fields, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
- A university degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go) — Our back-end is mainly Perl, and our Back-end team is introducing new languages while extracting pieces of our code into microservices. Still, knowing a programming language is a must for you.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of network protocols, security, and distributed systems
- Understanding of monitoring and observability concepts and strong knowledge of platforms like Datadog
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Exciting work challenges
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Training sessions and webinars to help you advance your career
- Intensive and interesting onboarding programme for newcomers
- State-of-the-art tech stack
- Inspiring work environment and creative freedom