About the job
🚀 Why Headout?
What we do is important
In an increasingly digital world, there is a desperate need to augment our human experience by getting us to interact with the real world around us and the people in it. At Headout, our mission is to be the easiest, fastest, and the most delightful way to head out to our next real-life experience. We do this by running a managed marketplace to the world’s most exceptional real-life experiences — from immersive tours to museums to live events and everything in between.
We’ve got scale, fast growth, and solid fundamentals
Headout has served tens of millions of guests from 196 countries on one of our experiences across 70+ cities in 9 languages. Today, we’ve sales in 100s of millions of $s a year and have grown 4x+ in ’22. Contrary to the norm, we deliver this scale and growth while being profitable. We raised $42M in ’22 and have a decade+ runway enabling us to think truly long term.
Now is the right time
While we have a fast-growing business, we are still very early in our journey with a large upside to capture and have a team that is small enough for you to have an indelible outsized impact on our journey. We are not too early, we are not too late.
Every place has its own beat and we are no different. We are not the right place for everybody but we are the right place for a certain group of people. Read more about it here.
Add a one-paragraph description about the role (approx 100-120 words).
What makes this role special?
4-5 bullet points from a first-person perspective on the USPs of this role that makes it special vs. similar roles at similar companies
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over Headout’s. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch quickly, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details – from what cities or regions to launch next, to how we can keep bananas and avocados ripe to ultimately minimize spoilage.
- Lead. Recruit, lead & retain a world-class team of builders and owners. As a leader, you are a culture carrier. The tone starts with you. You will oversee the whole team, from regional operations, supply chain, category management, quality and logistics, and strategy and planning.
What skills & experience do you need?
4-5 bullet points from a first-person perspective on the attributes (and work ex) required for this role. This would need to be phrased such that it potrays autonomy, ownership,
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
2-3 bullet points on good-to have attributes
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in marketplaces, travel, events and all things experiential.
- You have spent a considerable amount of time in the US and really understand the market’s pulse.
At Headout, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our partners, and the community at large. Headout provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. During the interview process, if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the recruiter assigned to your application or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that once you apply for this job profile your personal data will be retained for a period of one (1) year. Headout shall process this data for recruitment purposes only. Once the relevant job profile is filled or once the time period of one (1) year from the date of the job application has passed, whichever is later, Headout shall either delete your data or inform you that it shall keep it in its database for future roles. In compliance with the relevant privacy laws, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted. If you have any concerns or questions about the way Headout handle your data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer for more information.