About the job
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test with Java to join our team. If you are passionate about ensuring the reliability and functionality of software applications and have expertise in both manual and automated testing, we’d love to have you on board!
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test at EPAM Qatar, you will play a vital role in maintaining the quality and integrity of software products. You will be responsible for planning, designing, and maintaining test cases and test data for both manual end-to-end testing and automated testing of backend and frontend applications on cloud platforms. You will work with multiple applications and have a strong focus on ensuring the performance, functionality, and security of our software.
- Plan, design, and maintain test cases and test data for manual end-to-end testing with multiple applications
- Plan, design, and maintain test automation frameworks on a cloud platform for backend & frontend applications
- Work with ETL applications, specifically Informatica Powercenter
- Perform testing on backend applications
- Test online services, including REST API, SOAP, etc
- Apply your financial/banking experience with financial instruments to the testing process
- Exhibit a good understanding of databases, replication mechanisms (Oracle, PostgreSQL), and the ability to write complex SQL queries
- Collaborate effectively in Agile/Scrum teams
- 6+ years of testing experience with good knowledge of testing and defect lifecycles
- Good understanding of testing methodologies, regression, and smoke testing
- Showcase expertise in both functional and non-functional testing
- Experience in ETL tools
- Strong knowledge of Java and SQL
- Conduct testing of frontends (GUI-based) applications
- Be able to implement CI/CD solutions for test automation to enable automatic scheduling of test runs
- Utilize testing tools such as SOAPUI, JMeter, Toad
- Work with Jira (Xray) / GitLab for issue tracking and version control
- Possess a working knowledge of Cloud environments, specifically Azure
- Possess a testing foundations certificate (ISTQB or similar)
- EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential
Posted on Sep 22, 2023.