HungerStation | هنقرستيشن
About the job
HungerStation.com is the leading online food ordering platform connecting thousands of restaurants with their customers across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & Bahrain.
Through its state-of-the-art tech and advanced logistics HungerStation has partnered with more than 43k + restaurants: enabling our customers with a greater choice and supporting the food delivery ecosystem. As well as fast food delivery, you can also order Groceries, Pharmacies, Flowers, Electronics and more creating a seamless experience of convenience for our customers.
We’re all about bringing on the smartest minds as we continue to grow in a fast-moving and agile environment; and hire those who can thrive in an e-commerce culture.
In the Menu & Checkout squad, you will be working in the Core Experience platform on splitting monolithic into microservices for the Order and Menu services, improving new features, and managing the scalability of the menu.
We are looking for a highly talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our team in Dubai. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on experience and create a direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor as well as a strong team player, supporting a team, and working closely with the management teams to drive strategic initiatives forward across the region.
- Take part in architectural decision -making on a platform that is used by millions of people.
- Actively participate in migrating our monolithic application into Microservices.
- Playing an active role in designing, improving and most importantly securing the overall backend architecture to support massive growth in users and products without compromise.
- Deal with Docker containers, Kubernetes manifests, all this on Google Cloud Platform.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as a senior member of the team and member of our Backend Chapter
- We embrace Design Driven Development, SOLID Principles, Event-driven Architecture, Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional).
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborating with cross-functional and agile teams.
- Participate in the continuous and common effort of test coverage, refactoring and documentation.
- Showing off your code review, debugging and investigation skills on a regular basis.
- More than 5 years of experience in one of the programming languages like GoLang, RoR, Java or Python
- Strong experience with common monitoring / alerting / logging tools such as Prometheus, New Relic, Datadog, ELK stack, distributed tracing.
- You’ve built complex, high-quality applications, and have a strong knowledge of Domain Driven Design and microservice architecture.
- You’re proficient in selecting from best practice Design Patterns and Design Principles when building your Software Architectures and Algorithms
- Good knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL and NOSQL). (You should be aware of normal forms, ACID, isolation levels, index anatomy).
- Flexible and open-minded personality and comfortable working in a multicultural environment and in English.
- Familiar with the following; Docker & Kubernetes, GCP, AWS, terraform and caching.
- Experienced using TDD approach during development
What HungerStation Offers
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees.
- Exchange ideas and meet 2000+ colleagues from different teams within Delivery Hero in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community.
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external training.
- Access our Linkedin learning platform and participate in our various inhouse training.
- And much more…