Al Ghurair Investment
About the job
This role will be a member of Software Engineering in-house team building for Zed.
Who will be working on the development of Zed Mobile Apps and Web App. Senior Engineer will have system level defined deliverables in align with product roadmap with expected delivery in Sprints.
- Will be responsible for refinement/estimation of Product strategic roadmap items and execution/delivery in a timely agreed SLA duration.
- Will be responsible for overall architecture and stability of system.
- Will be responsible for mentorship of other team members will continuous improvement in engineering delivery
- Will be responsible for timely delivery of Product tasks agreed within Sprint scope, which is on application component level, with high quality of code and scalable/reliable solution delivery on production environment.
- Propose and drive engineering best practices and contribute to engineering excellence.
- Work with the product and design team to understand the requirements and have the ability to translate them into technical solutions.
- Actively participate in code reviews and work with other team members to raise the bar.
- Stay up to date and close to the competitive technology landscape.
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable.
- -Participate in the on-call rotation and be willing to any production incidents within the defined SLA
- As a staff engineer, able to mentor and unblock other teams members
- Have the ability to own and improve overall system architecture with latest tech stack
- Will be responsible for raising the bar of existing applications in terms of engineering practices. Will be responsible for tech research and conduct knowledge-sharing activities to stay up to date with industry standards.
- More than 5 years of experience in one of the backend platform like Node.Js
- Strong experience with monitoring and observability platforms likes Sentry, New Relic, AWS stack
- Experience in building complex, scalable and high-quality applications, and should have a strong knowledge of microservice architecture.
- Good experience and knowledge of different databases (PostgreSQL and NOSQL)
- Strong knowledge in source control preferably Git5+ years of Backend development experience
- Experience in backend stack development with high traffic scale especially in ride-hailing domain