About the job
Senior Software Developer – 6 Month Contract – Dubai based Client – Onsite in Dubai
We have an engagement with a key customer based in Dubai. We need to onboard an experienced Senior Software Developer for an initial 6 month engagement (extendable)
Start date– ASAP
Contract duration – 6 months/ extendable (Potential to turn perm)
Location – Onsite in Dubai
Language – English/ Arabic is a plus
Summary: As a Senior Software Developer, the candidate is expected to have very good technical skills in terms of understanding the business needs, the impact of the required solution on both system and data, in addition to being able to design proper solutions considering both functional and non-functional requirements. The candidate is also expected to be at a mature level when it comes to soft skills – such as communication, time management – as well as being able to work as a team player with other team members.
Technical Skills: Below are some basic technical skills required for this job:
- Strong background in designing n-tier, secure, multi-channel, component-based, and service-oriented enterprise applications in a heterogeneous environment.
- Proficient in software design, object-oriented design, design patterns, and UML.
- Understanding of Architectural Patterns and Implementation Patterns.
- Proficient in technical documentation, including SDD and SAS documents.
- Solid experience in .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB, and ADO.NET, with DotNet Core knowledge being a plus.
- Full Stack Developer with the ability to work on UI, business processing, and database development.
- Knowledge in XML, XSD, and JSON.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems, especially Windows Server 2012+.
- Experience with MS IIS Server (Apache experience is an added value).
- Strong understanding of Database Design, Modeling, and Development, with a focus on query optimization.
- Experience with two or more versions of MS SQL Server (2014+), with Oracle knowledge as a bonus.
- Practical experience using MS Azure DevOps Server.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall and Scrum software development life cycles, with DevOps environment experience as a strong advantage.
- Proficient in using Git.
- Knowledge of Markdown language is a plus.
- Experience with PowerShell and scripting.
- Understanding of Secure Software lifecycle practices.
- Good knowledge of modern API implementation and integration.
- Adherence to organizational coding standards and willingness to contribute to these standards.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data and evaluate use cases.
This is not a permanent role, so we are looking to speak to candidates who are comfortable working as a contractor and a project based engagement.
*due to the volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Posted on Nov 6, 2023.