About the job
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?We’re looking for software engineers to:
- provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
- analyze business requirements for Records Management
- design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages i.e. Java and Scala
- providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
- conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
- see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
Your teamYou’ll be working in the Client Document & Records Management product development team in Doha, Qatar. Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science with focus on software engineering
- 8+ years’ experience as a software engineer/developer preferably focused on archiving and records management within the finance sector
- able to code in Java and Scala
- know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC
- produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
- design, plan and deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.