Instant payments? Personal finance products? Faster loan/credit applications from more accurate credit history? By now pay later? Crypto?
Did you know you’re likely to have used Open Banking in everyday life within the above products without even realising? Once held exclusively by banks, personal financial data is now available for startups and developers to create new financial services and tools to benefit end users!
Well, at TG we are enabling Open Banking in the MENA region, which is made up of over 550 million people! We are the first & largest Open Banking platform in MENA & already have a license in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia & Dubai where the banks are being made by the regulators to expose APIs. Think how much of an impact you could have, being part of the product mission for that region…
At TG Engineering, we’re building a culture of continuous professional growth, engineering excellence and building great relationships with colleagues along the way. We seek team players that have low ego but high ambition.
We are hiring a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the Data team.
About the Data Team:
Data Science and Machine Learning play a central role in Tarabut Gateway’s product roadmap, by enabling us to create differentiated Open Banking products that delight our customers and their users.
Financial data insights targeted to the lending space forms a core part of our roadmap, which depends heavily on our ability to make accurate predictions and inferences at scale, across countries such as UAE, Bahrain, KSA and others. Data Science is a top-class citizen here! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, experienced in shipping data-driven services at scale to join the Data organisation and initially, be embedded in the Insights stream-aligned team.
The Insights team consists of Backend, Machine Learning and QA Engineers, and is actively supported by Data Annotation and Data Platform teams. We are focussed now on building scalable API services that enrich “raw” financial data across key MENA markets, that our Open Banking products can leverage. Examples of enrichment include categorisation, merchant name identification, income estimation and non-discretionary spend estimation.
Our API products run on Kubernetes, and our Data Platform is on AWS. We use Python for data-driven services, and Java for core engineering and customer-facing services.
We are seeking team players with low ego and high ambition to join a mission-driven company creating a market-leading technology culture delivering world-class customer experience.
What you will be working on:
- Drive the development of latency-critical, highly available, and performant geo-agnostic financial data enrichment and insights services, as an embedded member of the Insights team for our clients in the Insights and Lending space.
- Help define the technical strategy for scaling these services to multiple geos and use cases in the MENA and build an associated technology roadmap.
- Solve challenging problems in identifying the nature of arbitrary financial transactions leveraging NLP and other techniques.
- Work closely with Product, Data Platform, Data Asset and DevOps teams comprising of world-class Software Engineers, Data Engineers and Product Managers.
- Own the services’ end-to-end MLOps lifecycle: from prototyping to solution development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Promote Agile ways of working across team and foster a highly collaborative, empowered and mission-driven culture.
- Play a key role in advancing our broader Data capabilities at TG as a member of the Data Science & ML group, collaborating with colleagues in the Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Data Asset groups.
- Contribute to creating an empowered, state-of-the-art Data organisation with an international presence.
- Help shape our engineering culture and help make sure Tarabut Gateway is an exceptional place to work.
For this role you will need:
- Experience building Machine Learning models/products.
- Software Engineering skills encompassing software version control and automated testing.
- Documentation skills, and continuous integration.
- Able to write robust and testable code in Python.
- Experience running real-time ML workloads in a production environment with live users.
- Deeply knowledgeable on the pydata stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn).
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modelling – experience using libraries such as spaCy, transformers and Gensim.
- Experience in building microservices in python (we are using FastAPI as a web framework), creating/negotiating APIs and running these services in the cloud in Kubernetes clusters.
- Excellent communication skills – you are comfortable articulating complex technical concepts and trade-offs to non-experts.
- Team player with low ego but a strong ambition to build a best-in-class data organisation that works together, shares knowledge and supports each other to succeed.
- Are thoroughly passionate about the products you build, and driven by empathy for the customer?
- Would be excited to work in an engineering team that collaborates, shares knowledge, and empowers each other to succeed.
- Bonus points for experience in a startup or Fintech companies.
We don’t expect you to meet every requirement so please still apply if you feel you are a match
Join us if you want…
- To work for one of the top FinTech’s in the MENA region you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful and impactful projects that have the potential to change the financial industry.
- The chance to build a product from scratch and make a difference.
- We value collaboration and teamwork at Tarabut Gateway. You will be working with a talented and diverse team of professionals who are passionate about creating innovative solutions in the FinTech industry. You will have the opportunity to learn from your colleagues and contribute to exciting projects.
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity)
- Flexibility, do you prefer to work from the office or home it is completely up to you and what suits your lifestyle.
- Regular in person team socials every quarter where we always go to the top local attractions.
- The chance to visit our diverse team based in Dubai and Saudi Arabia.
- 30 days holidays, so you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside work.
- A chance to make an enormous impact and work in agile ways to achieve our goals.
Diversity is one of our strengths…
We're a remote first company where team work and collaboration has no barriers. We embrace diversity and encourage talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our roles even if you do not match every requirement in the list above. TG makes hiring decisions based on experience, aptitude, skill and sharing our company values. We will not discriminate with regards to any legally protected characteristics.