About the job
Do you want to play a vital role in shaping the future of how we work in an agile way?We’re looking for a Software Engineer to:
- build, package and deploy C++, RHEL, PostgreSQL based applications
- maintain the project infrastructure for the build, packaging and deployment of the solution artefacts
- analyze incident tickets to identify and remediate issues with the solution platform and IT environment
- independently work and resolve technical issues with external project teams
- maintain an overview of the required technical upgrades for the solution and escalate to project leader to ensure they are integrated into the project plan
You’ll be working in the ‘Be a Client’ stream in Qatar. You will be supporting a mission critical solution that is used to onboard new customer to UBS.Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- held similar software engineer role, ideally for 5-7 years, within a large enterprise IT environment
- experience building, packaging and deploying solutions based on C++, RHEL, Tomcat and PostgreSQL
- quality experience in GitLab, Ansible, Scripting (e.g. Bash/PowerShell)
- proven ability to maintain the infrastructure for building, packaging and deploying a solution in accordance with UBS standards
- proven ability to work independently, across multiple project teams, to resolve technical issues blocking the project timeline
- proven ability to work under high pressure to quickly and accurately triage reports of solution problems impacting the users
- proven ability to quickly come up to speed and independently execute administrative processes related to the building, packaging and deployment of a solution
- excellent communication skills to succinctly and accurately summarize personal tasks and provide technical summaries for upper management
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.