About the job
Ready to make connectivity from space universally accessible, secure and actionable? Then you’ve come to the right place!
At E-Space, we’re focused on bridging Earth and space with the world’s most sustainable low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite network. We’re a team of bold thinkers, ambitious leaders and dynamic doers—and we’re disrupting NewSpace by fundamentally changing the design of legacy LEO space systems to deliver entirely new satellite capabilities at a fraction of the cost.
We’re intentional, we’re unapologetically curious and we’re 100% committed—to saving space, to protecting our planet and to turning connectivity into actionable intelligence.
The IoT Full Stack Software Developer will be responsible for developing modular IoT applications and platforms based on microservice architecture. The candidate should support developing SDKs to enable 3rd party developers and business partners to build their IoT applications over E-space IoT platform(s). The candidate should have strong experience with DevOps and cloud deployment models for test-driven development in an agile environment. He/she support the integration activities of IoT solutions with the E-space digital platform(s). He/she will also be responsible for supporting agile framework for end-to-end lifecycle management of software product(s) development for various IoT solutions, from design/planning to deployment/delivery in close coordination with product teams. In addition, he/she will support developing the customer experience journeys and maintaining the features of the IoT applications and products during applications’ development and after deployment in coordination with concerned E-space teams. He/she should be able to understand requirement and ensure timely development and delivery of the requested digital solutions, applications and features, as well as ensure compliance of the software product(s) and digital solutions with the business and regulatory requirement including security and data protection/privacy. He/she should focus on what drives the success of the product development while innovating solutions and alternatives that address key problems.
The ideal candidate has more than 10 years of professional experience in development of IoT applications, platform(s), solutions, SDKs, APIs, integration with other IoT platforms and IT/OT systems. He/she should be able to understand the company strategy all the way to develop actionable features that are desired by customers, viable to the market and feasible to build in line with the company vision.
This position will work closely with platform and product teams. The successful candidate will work in our UAE office.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Full stack Software development of IoT applications, Software Development Kit (SDK’s) and platforms including device management platforms, application enablement platforms, integration hub development, protocol adapters…etc.
- Design, development, and maintaining APIs to facilitate seamless data exchange between systems. Development of API gateway and integration hub for integrating diverse systems, while ensuring data consistency, security, and performance. Integration of E-space digital platform(s) with other platforms and IT/OT systems.
- Implement robust security measures to protect IoT devices and data through development process.
- Understand product features and IoT protocols to develop IoT solutions and protocol adapters Optimization of IoT applications and platforms for higher performance, efficiency, reliability, and scalability.
- Following best coding practices including version control, unit testing, documentation…etc.
- Cloud-native and microservice architectures.
- Transforming codebase into a microservices architecture to improve scalability and maintainability.
- Experience of multiple programming languages to build robust and scalable software solutions.
- Manage both structural (SQL) and non-structural (NoSQL) databases efficiently.
- Maintain solid documentation throughout the applications’ development Lifecycle.
- Following agile framework for the inhouse development of IoT solutions and applications.
- Implement best practices for software development, including code reviews and quality assurance
- Prioritizing and maintain the backlog of IoT applications being developed.
- Maintaining the features and future upgrades of the IoT applications and products during and after deployment in coordination with product team
- Support applications enhancement plans to enrich the solutions capabilities.
- Analyze, re-build and further develop open-source IoT applications and platform(s)
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans to address them.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including hardware engineers, data scientists, and product managers to support development of new IoT applications and solutions.
- Support concerned teams to orchestrate development and execution of new features.
- Troubleshooting and conducting thorough testing for managing debug issues and provide timely resolutions.
- Unit testing automation and testing framework across the software stack.
- Support in developing continuous integration (CI) pipeline
- Collaborating with designers to translate UI/UX wireframes and mockups into responsive applications and web pages.
- Supporting optimization of customer journeys, solutions’ protypes and proper documentations.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize them for higher performance.
- Integrating frontend components with server-side logic
- Implementing responsive design principles to ensure compatibility across various devices and browsers.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Coding using Java, Python, .NET, etc.
- Frontend framework such as React, Angular
- DevSecOps and microservices architecture.
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ, MQTT, etc.)
- Portable applications’ development across multi-clouds environment
What You Bring To This Role
- BSc degree in computer science, IT, software engineering or relevant fields. MSc and/or PhD in related fields are preferred.
- More than 10 years of professional experience of managing E2E IoT application development, IoT platform(s), and SDK development.
Extra points for the following
- Various IoT platforms, including open-source platforms, such as Amazon AWS IoT, Microsoft Azure IoT, Cisco IoT Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, PTC ThingWorx, SoftwareAG Cumulocity, Artik, Thingsboard, …etc, and Enterprise Solutions.
- Cloud computing such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding or direct experience on delivering IoT solutions via LEO satellite will be viewed very positively.
As a global company, we want team members with global perspectives that can bring their fresh, creative thinking to solve some of the world’s most difficult communications problems in space. We welcome candidates to join us from all over the world. But to ensure a fair candidate review process, that can be reviewed by team members anywhere, we only accept applications in English, the language we conduct our business.
E-Space is not currently able to provide employment sponsorship for candidates who do not hold work authorization for the location of this role.
Why E-Space is right for you
We want you to make the most of your journey at E-Space. That’s why we support and invest in the physical, emotional and financial well-being of our team members and their families. Some of what you can expect when working at E-Space:
- An opportunity to really make a difference
- Sustainability at our core
- Fair and honest workplace
- Innovative thinking is encouraged
- Competitive salaries
- Continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness care options
- Financial solutions for the future
- Optional legal services
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
Posted on Oct 13, 2023.