About the job
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more.
About The Role
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineering Manager to join our Everything App Platform team in either our Dubai or Berlin office. In this role, you will play a crucial role in leading our teams as they work on developing the next generation platform systems that will drive Careem’s various verticals. Our goal is to create familiar and consistent experiences for our end users, while also laying the foundation for an improved developer experience
What You’ll Do
- Build roadmaps and lead prioritization; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast paced engineering team with many stakeholders.
- Support your teams in continuously improving the quality and reliability of their services and help define and enhance the patterns and principles that the team follows.
- Mentor, grow and support the careers of the engineers on your teams.
- Be a Leader in your area and collaborate closely with Product Managers to understand and refine customers’ needs.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders to create and follow the tech vision for the team.
- 4+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Lead.
- 8+ years of overall technical experience.
- Experience leading complex engineering projects that cross engineering teams.
- Experience designing and building large scale, distributed applications including making tradeoffs in architecture and functionality in a cloud environment.
- Experience in highly available production systems including defining metrics and processes for deploying changes to production reliably in live systems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience leading teams in a remote-first environment.
- Experience working in a high-paced start-up environment.
What We Offer
- Meaningful work in a purpose driven organization.
- Competitive compensation including equity.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A remote-first work environment.
- Fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Child education reimbursements for your dependent children.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave.
- A diverse and inclusive environment with colleagues from 80+ countries.
What We’ll Provide You
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
Posted on Sep 1, 2023.