About the job
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories.
More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up “The Greenhouse”, which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Build efficient, testable and reusable codes.
- Integrate software components and/or Magento addons into a fully functional software system.
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based Magento/PHP applications.
- Work cross-functionally to convert business needs into technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Assist in software development, enhancement, debugging, testing and QA maintenance of the backend application.
- Assist with technical solutions for product features and reliability features.
- Provide solid and reliable documentation on completed work items such as code, concepts, and logic.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 5 to 7 years of Software Development experience
- Experience with VueJS / React
- Magento certification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of cloud and experience with Magento would be a strong advantage.
- Understanding of Tools: Github, Docker
- Excellent debugging, analytical, problem-solving, and good communication skills
- Passionate in building a new team and creative in suggesting or implementing new solution to all new and existing application.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver result in a fast-paced environment within tight deadline.
- Experience in developing e-commerce portal.
What We Can Offer You
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.