About the job
To play a critical role in the development of high-performance data solutions & information products at Presight
Presight, an ADX-listed public company limited by shares whose majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi company G42, is the region’s leading big data analytics company powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”). It combines big data, analytics, and AI expertise to serve every sector, of every scale, to create business and positive societal impact. With its world-class computer vision, AI and omni-analytics platform as its engine, Presight excels at all-source data interpretation to support insight-driven decision making that shapes policy and creates safer, healthier, happier, and more sustainable societies.
Founded in 2020, the company is headquartered in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Presight has developed transformative products/solutions which enable its customers to gain a stark competitive advantage by integrating AI, deep Analytics and ML in their digital transformation. The team of over 200 staff includes domain specialists, operations experts, data scientists, solution architects, software developers, engineers and data analysts from different countries – all committed to delivering impact.
Presight is an operating company of G42, UAE’s leading AI and Cloud Computing company that champions AI as drivers that power progress, propelled by the combination of exceptional people and technology.
has context menu
- The candidate is expected to have a solid background on software development with strong python coding skills and solve challenging problems.
- Web crawling, data cleaning, data annotation, data ingestion and data processing.
- Reading and collating complex data sets
- Creating and maintaining data pipelines
- Continual focus on process improvement to drive efficiency and productivity within the team
- Use of Python, SQL, ES, Shell etc. to build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data
- Provide insights into key business performance metrics by building analytical tools that utilize the data pipeline
- Support the wider business with their data needs on an ad hoc basis
To qualify, you must have
- 6+ years of programming experience, solid coding skills in Python, Shell, and Java
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences.
- Good corporate capacity, good communication skills.
- Experience with solution architecture, data ingestion, query optimization, data segregation, ETL, ELT, AWS, EC2, S3, SQS, lambda, Elastic Search, Redshift, CI/CD frameworks and workflows.
- Working knowledge of data platform concepts – data lake, data warehouse, ETL, big data processing (designing and supporting variety/velocity/volume), real time processing architecture for data platforms, scheduling and monitoring of ETL/ELT jobs
- PostgreSQL and programming (preferably Java, Python), proficiency in understanding data, entity relationships, structured & unstructured data, SQL and nonrelational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of best practice in optimizing columnar and distributed data processing system and infrastructure
- Experienced in designing and implementing dimensional modelling
- Knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modelling, text mining and information retrieval.
- Excellent communication skills in English
Ideally, you’ll also need
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- In-depth market and domain knowledge
- An innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in governmental projects
- Arabic skills is a nice to have
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the Big Data Analytics space is at the heart of the Presight community.
What working at Presight offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.