About the job
Our client, a leading international conglomerate based in Dubai, is seeking a Senior Data Engineer. This role will play a critical position in the organization’s expanding information technology team.
- Preference to immediate Joiners. Location: Dubai.
- Its long-term contract, extendable every 12 months.
- Looking for a passionate job seeker. There will be 3 rounds of Interview, 1. Techno-functional, 2. Practical Assessment, 3. HR Discussion.
This role will be responsible for creating Data orchestration with Azure Data Factory Pipelines & Dataflows.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand business requirement and actively provide inputs from Data perspective.
- Understand the underlying data and flow of data.
- Build simple to complex pipelines & dataflows in ADF.
- Should be able to implement modules that has security and authorization frameworks.
- Recognize and adapt to the changes in processes as the project evolves in size and function.
- Implement Visualization and traditional reporting in Power BI is plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in Software engineering, data analysis, data integration, data migration, data quality, data governance and experienced in implementing ETL pipelines, data warehousing solutions and BI reporting.
- Cloud experience in Azure Data bricks, Azure data factory Pipelines, Azure function, Logic apps, Azure DevOps, and SQL.
- Programming language experience of PySpark /Spark/Python/R with min. 5 years’ experience is MANDATORY along Azure Data Bricks.
- Experience in Data Warehouse concepts like Star Schema, Snowflake, Dimension and Fact Tables.
- Well versed in Data Modelling, OLAP, ETL, RDBMS and Data warehousing concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Entity-Relationship concept, Facts, and dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions and Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema and Snowflake Schema).
- Experience in Bug Fixing, Analysis, Database Design, Performance Tuning, Client Interaction, Testing and Support.
- Experience in ETL, DB Jenkins promote and CICD deployments.
- Experience working in waterfall and Agile methods.
- Experience in MS SQL, PL SQL, MicroStrategy.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of Data engineering or Software development experience.
- Min. 3 years hands-on in Azure Data Factory & Data Bricks.
- Azure certifications MANDATORY.