About the job
Powered by Cenomi Group, we are a new and independent venture, focused on building the leading lifestyle e-commerce platform in MENA.
We’re a tight-knit founding team with diverse experiences and backgrounds, but with a united passion for creating inspiring solutions for consumers and retailers. Join our mission to create a true omnichannel e-commerce to make selling, shopping and delivery simple and enjoyable for everyone.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a key member of our expanding team, working to enable and build on our core data and analytics capability. You will be a technical data specialist applying software engineering best practices to the production and maintenance of our cloud based modern data platform.
This is a position requiring an innovative problem solving approach to designing and building creative data solutions that provide valuable insights, drive performance and lead to the delivery of our strategic objectives. Your work will include the development and enhancement of our data platform with the aim of inspiring positive change for both our internal and external customers.
Internally you will be part of a platform team that works directly with key stakeholders from our product to ensure the delivery of a first class data and analytics platform.
- Design and development of a cloud based modern data platform with metadata driven approaches
- Utilisation of extraction, loading and transformation (ELT) best practices and principles
- Creation and maintenance of testing and documentation artifacts
- Development and maintenance of automated system monitoring for critical components of the data platform to ensure we maintain our high SLA’s
- Bring in new tools/technologies as necessary to make our systems more efficient and cost effective
- 5+ years experience in data architecture and engineering roles
- Strong SQL skills and experience
- Experience with Google Cloud and Golang would be an advantage
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Outstanding listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with core AWS/GCP services
- Data processing tools like Stitch, DBT, Spark
- Databases like Postgres, MongoDB
What to expect after applying
We will review your application and will contact you if your qualifications match our requirements for the role by email from a fahecom.com official email only. If you are not selected for this position, keep an eye out for future opportunities. Our primary focus is to build a world-class collaborative team that values hard work, authenticity and purposefulness and is focused on execution and making a difference (solving a real problem). Our setup offers the best of both worlds: start-up setup, growth and upside on the one hand, while being part of an established and well-funded group with significant assets on the other.