HungerStation | هنقرستيشن
About the job
HungerStation.com is the leading online food ordering platform connecting thousands of restaurants with their customers across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & Bahrain.
We’re all about bringing on the smartest minds as we continue to grow in a fast-moving and agile environment; and hire those who can thrive in an e-commerce culture.
In Growth domain you can focus on building experience for our customer that helps HungerStation increase engagement and loyalty of the customers, provide new verticals offering to customers and help us create new revenue generation opportunities.
We are looking for a highly talented Senior Android Developer to join our team in Dubai. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on experience and create a direct impact, then this may be the place for you! The ideal candidate will have a track record as a significant individual contributor as well as a strong team player.
- Keep abreast of the latest software development methodologies in order to be able to provide best-in-class software solutions
- Analyze product requirements in order to understand engineering requirements, evaluate the technical feasibility, estimate efforts and provide the required solutions in collaboration with the Product Team
- Assist in building development components and managing the programming of the different solution components in order to transform the requirements into actual working software accurately
- Document all coding steps in order to ensure comprehensibility and to facilitate future modifications and maintenance
- Responsible for writing unit, integration, and UI / Snapshot testing.
- Investigate and resolve issues and bugs through patches and other means
- Collaborate with other colleagues in order to assist each other in code reviews and deliver code review reports accordingly
- Perform functional and module testing in order to ensure the functionality of delivered solutions
- Monitor evaluate and report on product development and recommend improvements where necessary
- Assist in user trials and acceptance testing
- 5+ years of experience in developing software, with practical knowledge of design patterns and algorithms, ideally with Kotlin as a primary development language, but Java would suffice too.
- You are open-minded about technologies but particularly skilled in native Android development.
- Hands-on experience writing high-quality, testable code, also proficiency with modern mobile architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of Android lifecycle for fragments, activities, practical experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM or Kanban would do)
- Engineering excellence – a proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex non-trivial systems. Open-source contributions, technical publications are very much welcome!
- Execution – “getting things done” mentality. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with high prioritization skills and experience with versioning tools (Git).
- You are experienced and on track with Modern Android Development approaches skillset and practices. We are looking for practical knowledge of ViewModel, LiveData, Paging, Navigation, SafeArgs, Retrofit2, RxJava2, Dagger2 (multi-module applications).
- A passion for elegant designs and experience with native iOS or Flutter is a strong plus
- Understanding of Modular App Architecture
- Understanding of CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to write new modules using maintainable architecture
- Nice to have the type of knowledge: Firebase, Google Maps API, Fastlane scripting, Checkout.com SDK.
What Hungerstation Offers
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees.
- Exchange ideas and meet 2000+ colleagues from different teams within Delivery Hero in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community.
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external training.
- Access our LinkedIn learning platform and participate in our various inhouse training.
- And much more…