About the job
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Our team is building out a next generation Machine Learning Platform for all data scientists and machine learning engineers across all of Tripadvisor’s brands. Our mission is to empower data scientists to work independently and scale their productivity to enable broader and deeper utilization of machine learning techniques to help improve the business performance. Tripadvisor hosts over 400 million monthly active visitors and operates across multiple cloud environments. Our data is at the petabyte scale, requiring a scalable, efficient, and reliable machine learning platform to support it.We are seeking a talented, experienced, Principal Software Engineer to pave the way towards revolutionizing how we leverage data and Machine Learning!We leverage Kubernetes and a variety of open source software (e.g. Kubeflow, Seldon, Istio, MLflow) to train and deploy over one hundred models serving a billion requests per day.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of scalable and efficient machine learning platform products
- Develop technical specifications and architectures for new ML platform features and products
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure product development aligns with business goals
- Define and enforce engineering best practices to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, providing technical direction and leadership
- Stay up-to-date with the latest ML platform technologies and trends to identify opportunities for product innovation
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process for new team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure alignment on project goals and timelines.
What We Are Looking For
- 9+ years of experience of commercial software development
- 3+ years in the ML space
- Demonstrated excellence participating on cross functional teams in fast-paced environments, both in terms of technical leadership and hands-on coding.
- Excellent ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Proven that you are a leader who prioritizes, communicates clearly, and partners effectively with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Excellent command of tools and expertise for troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience with Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Seldon, Spark and AWS / Azure cloud service experience is a plus.
- Exposure to Machine Learning practices
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
What You’ll Get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.