About the job
Matching Engine Java Engineer
We are launching a new comprehensive crypto investment platform catering to retail and institutional investors with unique differentiation points and value proposition. The product offering will include a crypto exchange, staking and advanced yield offerings, a lending offering and operating the platform’s own coin.
The core of our success is our passion for technologies, innovation and building systems that are state of the art, that allows us to stay on the edge of current market trends.
We are driven by flat organizational structure, trust and open communication across the company blended with a healthy work and life balance.
If you’re looking to be a part of a team who tackle real world problems that can be addressed by technology, then M2 might just be the place for you. If this got you excited, please keep reading!
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Java Engineer to join our team as a Matching Engine Java Engineer. The successful candidate will work on the development and maintenance of our proprietary matching engine, which is at the core of our trading platform. As a key member of our engineering team, you will work closely with other developers and stakeholders to design, implement, test, and deploy high-performance, low-latency trading systems.
- Design, develop and maintain high-performance, low-latency trading systems using Java
- Develop and maintain our proprietary matching engine, ensuring it remains scalable, robust, and reliable
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to design, implement, test, and deploy new features and improvements to the trading platform
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the trading platform and matching engine
- Write clear, concise, and maintainable code, adhering to coding standards and best practices
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation and knowledge sharing
- Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends, and identify opportunities to leverage them to improve the trading platform and matching engine
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in software development, with a focus on Java (8 and preferably 11)
- Experience in developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
- Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate
- Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications
- Experience working with database MySQL and/or mongo DB or something similar
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins
- Experience working in Agile projects with a good knowledge of Agile practices
- Hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, React or Vue would be a plus
- Experience of patterns to implement OAuth based features (JWT etc.) and a good understanding of OAuth2 and OIDC concepts will be very helpful.
- Experience of Kafka or any other messaging system would be nice to have
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques
- Experience with low-latency, high-performance, and distributed systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development best practices
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
At M2 diversity is our strength and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely and express and share our ideas and we will be heard.
We pride ourselves on embracing our differences and welcome and encourage everyone to apply, regardless of gender, background, age, and abilities.
We’d love you to join us for this journey!