About the job
Job Reference #272134BR
Are you passionate about building and delivering robust and scalable IT solutions?
Are you experienced in building new Software Products, preferably in the Equities Trading domain?
Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity?
Do you like working with other teams across other domains and locations?
Do you have a curious nature, are you always interested in how to innovate?
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to:
- design and develop a new Software Product using modern technologies and agile methodologies
- be the functional lead of other Software Engineers in the team
- working closely with enterprise- and security architects ensuring strategic integration with hosting- and security platforms
- apply modern SW development practices. Ensure consistent state of the art design and implementation of the Software product
- ensure delivery of a high quality, scalable and robust SW product that adhere that seamlessly integrate in the enterprise-wide ecosystem and access channels
- analyze business requirements, design, and implement solutions, and develop software components to incrementally enhance the product
- ensure that produced code is secure, stable, scalable, and operational
- support the product in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
- collaborate effectively with other global IT teams
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. The stream provides seamless digital trading access and solutions to our clients and covers front to back all processes along the securities trading value chain.You will be working in the Sophisticated Trading Tools Team in Qatar. As a senior member of a development team you will be building a new state of the art trading tool and be the technical lead of a group of engineers. Your team is responsible for the development and continuous improvement of the strategic Sophisticated Trading Tools which will serve UBSs Global Wealth Management Business in Europe and APAC. You will be working closely with other business and IT aligned teams around the globe.Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- at-least 8+ years of experience in Java and modern frontend development
- solid know how and experience in building robust and scalable software products that integrate into the enterprise system landscape of a large financial institution
- proven knowledge and experience in security- and cloud hosting architectures
- experience in working with React.js and Apigee (APIs)
- working knowledge of software design patterns and web technologies with SOAP and REST
- experience in being technical of a team of engineers.
- excelled in teams that use agile development practices.
- experience in the financial industry sector, ideally in the Order Management domain.