About the job
Steer Studios mission is to create a world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the Steer Studios team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate and hardworking Saudis.
Steer Studios is seeking a Lead Data Analyst to directly influence games production, business and go to market strategies. As Lead Data expert, s/he will fulfill a cross-functional role, building and sustaining a robust data culture across the company. Utilizing her/his in-depth understanding of statistics, management of our data flow, game monetization models/KPIs and variety of technical tools, s/he will work with everyone, from game designers and developers, to game artists, finance and marketing/UA teams, to ensure that data is at the center of everything we do at Steer Studios.
- Building and maintaining a robust data culture across the business.
- Managing our data flow and ensuring data is at the heart of every decision we make.
- Determining what data needs to be captured to serve development and marketing team’s needs and summarizing the data in the most useful format.
- Analyzing gameplay, marketing and economy telemetry data to understand how feature, content, and balance adjustments are impacting the overall player experience, both before and after the product launches.
- Analyzing gameplay data to understand player behavior and enhance the quality of the player experience.
- Support the game team in their day-to-day needs : facts, ideas, monitoring and assessing the impact of design decisions.
- Regularly performing ad hoc analysis for our development and performance marketing teams.
- Presenting useful findings derived from data analysis in a variety of formats.
- Source tough questions, develop clear analysis, and clearly communicate results, key take aways, recommendations and call to actions.
- Act as a leader and strategic partner to the game teams ensuring that opportunities and risks are challenged, analyzed and communicated using quantitative analysis.
- Conceptualizing new analytic tools with our Data team.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of teams including, data science, data engineering, CMK, marketing, finance and production to improve operational processes, reporting systems and revenue analysis.
Qualifications & Key Skills:
- B.A. or B.S. in mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, data science, engineering sciences (or similar).
- 8+ years of experience in data science or analytics with large, complex and multi-dimensional data sets.
- 2 to 4 years of experience within the video games industry, including knowledge of mobile game behavior, economics, and performance marketing.
- Excellent SQL skills, including experience querying large datasets on a platform such as Redshift.
- Experience on a big data platform such as Hadoop or Slunk is a plus.
- Advanced experience with Power BI (and/or Tableau) and other similar visualization tools.
- Experience with programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python).
- Experience working with multiple partners in a fast-paced environment.
- Data teams lead experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of collaborating with other team members across all levels of the organization.
- Passion for mobile gaming and user growth.
Let’s bring Together Steer Studios to the world!
Posted on Nov 13, 2023.