About the job
In this role, you will serve as a liaison between stakeholders and IT team, capturing requirements directly with business users and preparing the product backlog.
You will be involved in all phases of project life cycle including solution design, development, testing, user acceptance, go-live planning and post production support. You will act as the business domain subject matter expert within IT and assist the development team in understanding the requirements. You will provide all the necessary inputs for the team to complete development in a timely manner and ensure high adoption of the solutions by the business unit. You will work with external solution providers, documenting solution requirements and validating if the vendor solution meets business expectations. We need your experience in training, coaching and guiding the junior IT members.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct business requirement analysis for assigned projects
- Act as Solution Requirements Owner for medium to complex programs
- Work with Delivery Lead(s) to identify risks and provide mitigation plans
- Work to bring together various stakeholders and outline in business terms to define and Illustrate clearly the business need and how the underlying technology solution will deliver expected benefits for the organization. Analyze current business processes, work methods, assets/artifacts and propose improvements where appropriate
- Manage and support to achieve traceability of requirements across the project lifecycle from initiator, to solution requirements baseline, to design, build, test and deploy. Together with other team project members, take part to conduct and support Show and Tell sessions with end user community
- Communicate effectively requirements to various stakeholders considering the target audience e.g. business community, architecture and technical teams or UAT
- As required, work together with Solution Architecture and Technical Teams to prepare Technology Impact Assessment and Feasibility workshops with the stakeholders, propose solution approaches as applicable
- Prepare Functional Description Documentation for the Solution i.e. solution description understandable to business community, tracing back to requirements and also aligning to overall solution architecture and design with focus to consider how the end users shall perceive and use/benefit from the solution
- Review and provide feedback for other project key deliverables such as Solution High Level Design, Migration and Test Strategies and ensure compliance with solution requirements
Be part of an extraordinary story:
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 7 years of job related experience, in which 5 years as a business analyst in a software development team.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and proven track record on delivering complex business and technology transformations as Business Analyst.
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development life cycle, starting from requirements phase until delivery and rollout preferably on Azure DevOps using SCRUM methodology.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Business Processes and Knowledge on Airline, travel, ecommerce domains will be an added advantage
- IT Industrial Certifications or Post Graduation with specific focus on Practical deployments is considered a plus.
- Any Business Analysis / IT certifications are considered as a plus.
- Working experience in Agile and Lean software development methodologies.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Work experience on Enterprise architect, Visio, Postman, and Domain Driven Design will be an added advantage
- Experience in Micro service Architecture and Cloud computing methodologies is preferable
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards successful delivery of a project.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
About Qatar Airways Group:
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community
How to apply:
If you’re ready to join a progressive team and have a challenging and rewarding career, then apply now by uploading your CV and completing our quick application form.