About the job
Job Reference #270156BR
Job TypeFull Time
Do you have a knack for technology?
Are you at your best when working in one of multiple small agile teams?
We’re looking for someone who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technology to:
- participate in the design and build of the new UBS Mobile Banking and UBS Access
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to ship new features
- work with external data sources and APIs
- continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- providing tech solutions and ensuring adherence to good software practices
- partner with UX designers, architects, development teams and QA to deliver high quality product
- help create, manage, and automate continuous testing, integration, and delivery
- be part of a strong international team and contribute to success of Mobile Excellence in UBS
You’ll be working within UBS Qatar LLC in Doha, Qatar in a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our award-winning Mobile Banking application. We plan and lead IT projects in our mobile crew by having chosen an agile working model, with a mindset around time-boxed delivery of solutions, empowerment of interdisciplinary pods and close collaboration throughout the whole software development process. We are building software which covers multiple areas of the bank, always focusing on faster time to market by using agile methodologies and putting the client needs first. It’s a very demanding, fast paced and exciting environment, this is the place to be and where we live an innovating working model.
- a graduate degree in IT Software Engineering
- fundamental experience in designing secure, robust, and scalable applications
- a positive attitude and a great interest in shaping the future of technology in banking
- Overall 10+ years of experience and at least 5+ years of native Android (Java/Kotlin) development experience
- knowledge of Version Control System (Git)
- understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- experience in test driven development, continuous Integration and Deployment
- a strong software engineer with high dedication app development
- showing high degree of creativity by designing user-friendly applications
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?Disclaimer / Policy StatementsUBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.