About the job
About The Role
About the School
The Westminster School is one of the largest international schools in the GCC region offering British curriculum to over 72 different nationalities.
Our curriculum is founded on the four core values of Leadership Qualities, Universal Values, Forward Thinking and World Citizenship, which brings a breadth of vision to the educational program and extracurricular activities offered at The Westminster School, where students effectively learn to take their decisions independently, solve problems creatively, and interact positively with others, irrespective of the society they are placed in.www.gemsws-ghusais.com
About Your Benefits
- Install, configure and maintain servers, PCs, peripherals, IT tools/equipment, packaged software, antivirus, utilities, software tools and software patches.
- Install, administer and upgrade the computer network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot problems arising from hardware, software, application systems, network infrastructure virus and security related attacks
- Install/ reinstall and configure packaged software and applications, antivirus, software utilities and patches.
- Update antivirus, systems software and other software updates, when required.
- Setup user accounts and profiles for school users (Admin & Academic).
- Set up equipment in offices, classrooms, and labs. Along with setting up accounts and profiles for all users.
- Assign priorities to problems reported, based on the severity, and coordinate with the concerned parties (SSC-IT, vendors, suppliers, etc.), where required, in tracking and resolving the problem.
- Provide user support (Admin & Academic ) – assist users in the appropriate use of systems/applications Intranet and Internet usage and provide them the best possible solutions to their IT related issues/ problems.
- Respond to queries on the status of the problem or service request.
- Respond to emergency call to classrooms for equipment, software and network problems, provide AV support and provide technical support for software projects at school.
- Follow service desk procedures and deliver excellent support and customer service.
- Diagnose and resolve user tickets related to hardware, software, and networking.
- Setup and ensure the strict compliance of procedures related to daily backup and other periodic routines – Software patches, data transfers/ interchange, port/ import/ export and restoration from backups when required.
- Maintain records of and manages site licenses for software purchased. Notifies SCC-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
- Record, monitor and control software licenses purchased and used and notify SSC-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
- Maintain current inventory of hardware and software.
- Prepare school ICT budget for every academic year.
- Assist the school in updating their web-sites, as required.
- Train users in the appropriate use of hardware, network, Intranet, internet, standard software packages and software tools.
- Assist in closure of technology related audit observations points.
- Coordinate and interact with SSC-IT, for all school matters related to IT policy, systems integration and networking (group wide), IT- infrastructure, purchases, upgrades, warranty, and replacements, new technology and requirements, technology plan and budgets.
- Coordinate with IT vendors (and SSC-IT, where relevant) for IT items ordered and delivered, upgrades and replacements warranty issues and payments due.
- Interact and provide technical support to digital leads, VLE coordinators, PRE, MSO and school administration.
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About The School
The Westminster School is one of the largest international schools in the GCC region offering British curriculum to over 72 different nationalities. Our curriculum is founded on the four core values of Leadership Qualities, Universal Values, Forward Thinking and World Citizenship, which brings a breadth of vision to the educational program and extracurricular activities offered at The Westminster School, where students effectively learn to take their decisions independently, solve problems creatively, and interact positively with others, irrespective of the society they are placed in.www.gemsws-ghusais.com
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
- Passport-size photograph
In line with the UAE’s Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.
School Nurse – August start
Receptionist – Arabic speaker