About the job
Makeen is a JV formed by Saudi Aramco, Hyundai Heavy Industries and Saudi Arabian Industrial Investment Company (Dussur) to manufacture, build, sell and service marine and land-based 2 and 4-stroke engines.
An application specialist is a professional who works with software applications and systems to ensure their optimal performance and functionality. An application specialist may be involved in various stages of the software development life cycle, such as designing, developing, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting software applications. An application specialist may also provide technical assistance and training to end users and clients.
- Analyze the needs and requirements of the organization and recommend suitable software solutions
- Install, configure, update, and troubleshoot software applications and systems
- Perform quality assurance testing and debugging on new or existing software applications
- Provide technical support and guidance to end users and clients on how to use software applications effectively and efficiently
- Create and maintain documentation and reports on software applications and systems
- Collaborate with other IT professionals, such as programmers, developers, analysts, and administrators, to ensure the compatibility and integration of software applications and systems
- Research and evaluate new technologies and trends in the software industry and suggest improvements or enhancements to existing software applications and systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as Java, C#, and Python
- Experience in building/driving large enterprise systems with a deep understanding of the technical and operational challenges.
- Should have delivered architecture initiatives and showcased clear business efficiency in line with business strategies.
- Should have taken end-end responsibility& accountability in terms of architecture.
- Should have delivered architecture roadmaps and develop delivery blueprints for the technology design.
- Experience working with manufacturing applications.
- Experience in software development effort estimations and software BOQ for complex systems.
- Basic knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) principles.
- Proven experience in leading system integration projects.
- Experience in IFS ERP is a plus.
Posted on Sep 13, 2023.