About the job
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, everyday goods, health and beauty, properties, and logistics sectors.
Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. GMG’s investments span across five key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Everyday Goods, GMG Health and Beauty, GMG Properties, and GMG Logistics. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About The Role
As a iOS developer at a fast-growing, agile company, you will work closely with design and product teams to ensure precise implementation of the designs as well as with the engineering team to ensure that performance is smooth and optimized. You will be directly responsible for the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the iOS mobile Apps, and work closely with senior developers and team lead.
About The Requirements
- Develop, improve, and maintain the iOS apps.
- Ensure performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app.
- Work closely with designers, backend developers, and QA.
- Design, develop, test and ship new features in a timely manner.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Follow process workflows to ensure smooth operation on a daily basis.
Unit testing and publishing applications on App Store.
- 4+ years of experience in developing, releasing, and maintaining iOS mobile applications.
- Ability to write efficient, reusable and maintainable code in Swift.
- Strong understanding of iOS application architecture and implementation (Clean Swift, MVVM).
- Excellent expertise in iOS SDK frameworks and fundamentals.
- Pair Programming and Peer code review experience
- Extremely detail-oriented, with a knack for design details, strong empathy for end-user experience.
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Experience in following best Coding, Security, Unit testing and Documentation standards and practices.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and development best practices.
- Hands on experience in writing Unit and UI tests
- Proficiency with continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and techniques
- Ability to adapt to scrum & agile methodology, comfortable with development tools like Jira/Confluence.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket