About the job
Seeking an experienced, self-driven Frontend Engineer with the ideal blend of technical vision and domain expertise to translate exacting business requirements into profitable, best-fit, AI-driven technology solutions for G42 Smart Nation.
A challenging opportunity to contribute to the tech backbone of G42 Smart Nation—a fast-growing, high-visibility, future-focused company delivering cutting-edge AI-driven solutions that are engineered to improve the comfort and wellbeing of citizens living in emerging smart cities.
G42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence and cloud computing company with a global footprint delivering holistic and scalable AI solutions to a variety of commercial and government clients. The Group’s business operations cover a wide range of industry verticals including Healthcare, Government, Smart City & Smart Mobility, Oil & Gas, Fintech, Geospatial, Aviation, Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics and Sports.
To conceptualize, architect, design, develop and implement integration solutions for legacy and modernized applications under minimal direction. This role will essentially create and apply solutions for implementations between software systems between the different departments of an organization or throughout it.
- Interact with the business and development teams to gain an understanding of the integration needs and technical context.
- Collect, identify, define and document the details of the required contract, communication methods, data format, transformation of data etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with development teams to ensure smooth integration and testing.
- Gain an understanding of the multiple systems involved and enough business to convert the integration requirements into a proper solution design.
- Determining that the outcome of the integration has met the organization’s needs.
- Educating the organization and clients about the system integration procedure, its implementation, and its use
- Defining integration strategies and methods and then planning them in accordance with established deadlines and time schedules
- Establish and maintain security, integrity, and business continuity controls.
- Provide robust and scalable integration solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Provide solutions that are flexible (using configurations) and extensible without having to redeploy every time.
- Create mock(s) and sample payloads for testing the contracts if required.
- Integration testing of upstream/downstream applications with the integration layer
- Conduct various application testing such as unit, integration, security, performance etc
- Implement the approved solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
- Application production, performance, and availability monitoring and tuning, as well as minor application enhancements.
- Production problem analysis and correction to avoid future problems.
- Perform modifications, changes, or other maintenance necessary to correct errors according to its applicable specifications, and any applicable service levels.
- Analyze and determine the root cause of failure within the supported applications.
- Create API documentation with examples for use by Support/Application Team with details of possible input options and expected output.
- Provide and create technical solutions for various integration requirements.
- Design/execute comprehensive test plans, in order to design, develop, integrate and implement solutions.
- Develop software performance enhancements and solicit feedback from clients on the quality of the product/solution on in order to ensure seamless deployment and implementation of technical solutions with clients.
- Understand and practice information security fundamentals covering confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the organization.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer Science or BCA is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in progressively more complex and responsible operational roles within a dynamic Enterprise function in Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Expert in Java Programming
- Expert in Web Services technologies (XML, SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, REST, JSON)
- Expert in Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIPs)
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with event-driven architecture and integration patterns, including SAGA, Inbox/Outbox, event-sourcing, CQRS, and event-sourcing frameworks.
- Understanding of distributed transactions and distributed data management
- Proficient in Spring and Hibernate Frameworks
- Proficient in using Apache Camel for EIPs
- Proficient in messaging technologies (JMS/ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ etc.)
- Proficient in Application Deployment on Tomcat and JBoss
- Proficient in using GIT.
- Proficient in Requirements gathering.
- Proficient in Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience in working on Micro services.
- Familiar with IntelliJ Idea
- Familiar with Issue tracking tools like JIRA or TFS
- 100% On-time delivery of deliverables
- Quality of deliverables
- Initiative and problem solving
- 90% compliance against Injazat processes
- Comply with general guidelines on working in a team environment.
- Zero performance related escalations
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.
G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.
To confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us.
G42 is the force that gets you further. Join us.