About the job
The IBM Software Presales Engineer is the technical expert in the IBM Software Technologies, Solutions and Applications portfolio.
The successful candidate should be able to design accurate and competitive solutions and services and to clearly convey, both to the internal Salesforce, and to Partners and Customers, the Technical Value Proposition of the IBM Software solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hold and retain, up-to-date technical expertise and certifications of the core IBM Software Technology, Solutions and Applications portfolio (on premise and on Cloud).
- Lead the Partners technical enablement plans and initiatives, including specializations and certifications roadmaps.
- Maintain a constant, close alignment with the internal IBM Software commercial Teams and business units of other complimentary solutions and technologies.
- Drive and enable the technical / technology aspect of the digital and cloud transformation practice.
- Successfully position the competitive advantages of the IBM Software solutions and how they can meet the technical and business requirements.
- Provide technical / presales support to Partners, Customers and internal Salesforce and help convert and close opportunities.
- Develop and deliver, internal and external quality technical presentations and reports.
- Articulate IBM Software’s technical strategies advanced features and benefits.
- Design, validate, and present IBM Software solutions, BoMs / BoQs, including advanced functionalities and complimentary technologies and solutions.
- Develop and manage reference sites through quality technical and professional relationships.
- Align and liaise closely with the Vendor’s technical Team, on portfolio, technologies and strategies updates.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor degree in Science or equivalent. Master degree is a plus.
- 5-years and above of experience in IBM Software or equivalent environment.
- Channel experience, working with Vendors, Distributors and Technology Providers/ Systems Integrators is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments.
- Strong knowledge in ICT field and systems, storage, virtualization and security, and specifically in IBM Software Cloud solutions (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS).
- Strong understanding of complementary and competitive technologies and solutions.
To the IBM Business Unit Manager/ Lead in Saudi Arabia
A comprehensive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, color, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Posted on Sep 5, 2023.