About the job
WHO IS TONOMUS
Welcome to Tonomus, the innovative digital and cognitive technology subsidiary of NEOM, the world’s first 100% energy renewable destination located in the Northwest of Saudi Arabia.
At Tonomus, we are building an amazing culture of collaboration, innovation, and inclusivity, and we invite you to be a part of it.
As a member of the Tonomus team, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of something truly special and help shape the future of technology. NEOM is a stunning destination nestled between the Red Sea and Gulf of Aqaba and is a central part of the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision to diversify the economy. Strategically located at the crossroads of the world, NEOM is an incredible opportunity for those looking to be at the forefront of technological innovation. Our $500 billion development plan includes everything from smart towns and cities to industrial and logistics areas, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and more.
As the digital and cognitive technology subsidiary of NEOM, Tonomus is responsible for providing 5G/fiber network, sub-sea, terrestrial, and satellite connectivity solutions for NEOM and beyond. We also offer AI-driven products and hyperconnected, predictive & proactive solutions. Our diverse team of over 200 talented individuals come from more than 40 countries and are based in over 20 countries worldwide. Join us and be a part of a thriving community of visionary catalysts shaping the future.
The head of controlling or Business Controller, as sometimes referred to, is a professional responsible for overseeing financial operations within a company. The head of controlling will help the company achieve its financial goals by providing financial analysis and advice to management. Their role involves monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on the company’s financial performance, as well as identifying areas of improvement and recommending strategies to achieve financial objectives. They are tasked with analyzing financial data, identifying trends, and making recommendations to improve the organization’s financial health as well as managing all aspects of the division’s contracts, post negotiation and execution up to expiry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Responsibilities & Activities
- Budgeting and forecasting: Creating and maintaining financial models, forecasting revenue and expenses, and preparing annual budgets for the division.
- Financial analysis: Conducting financial analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and risks in the company’s financial performance, assist in financial modelling and forecasting for various initiatives as well as business case vetting for new investment opportunities as identified by the Business Unit’s in the ever-evolving landscape of growth. The controller will be required to provide insights and recommendations to management.
- Compile detailed presentation documents and related materials as support for the analysis.
- Cost control: Monitoring and analyzing expenses and implementing cost-saving measures to improve profitability.
- Reporting: To work closely with FP&A and Group accounting to provide all relevant details for the division to ensure effective financial reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, and presenting them to senior management with the relevant commentary on variances. Furthermore, to report on Revenue, Cost of Sales and Operating Expenses aspect.
- Act as liaison with FP&A as it relates to budgets, forecasts and other related analyses.
- Risk management: Identifying and evaluating financial risks and developing strategies to mitigate them.
- Providing guidance and direction to the finance team and supporting the development of team members.
- Develop a robust understanding of the Company, its products, its markets and its internal organization in order to form an objective perspective, detect trends and provide insightful, provocative analysis and communicate this effectively to senior management
- Analyzing and reporting on contract performance and trends to inform business decisions.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential for identifying trends and making recommendations for improvement.
- Experience working in a similar industry of tech and digital (e.g., telecommunications service provider) is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills are also necessary to effectively communicate financial information to colleagues and management.
- Proficiency in financial software and computer programs is also important, as Business Controllers must be able to manage large amounts of financial data efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills
- work effectively with other departments and teams within the organization to achieve financial goals and objectives.
- Accuracy is critical in the financial management of an organization. The candidate controller must be detail-oriented and able to maintain accurate financial records
- Strong time management skills are essential to ensure that tasks are completed efficiently and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration required
- Finance majors preferred, specifically MBA, (but will consider other quantitative/analytical academic backgrounds)
- CIMA/CPA/CFA or other professional certification is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in financial software (SAP) and computer programs is also important