About the job
Russian hacker, Vladimir Leonidovitch Levin, attempted the biggest bank heist the world had ever seen via dial-up internet in 1994, Zia Hayat, Callsign CEO and founder, was hooked – armchair fraud became a real possibility. From this moment, Zia knew he wanted to play a part in stopping the bad guys and securing the internet for all. Founded In 2012, Callsign’s mission has been to make Digital Identity simple and secure for everyone and everything. In that time, we’ve grown to over 200 employees, opened offices in Singapore and Abu Dhabi, been recognized as a WEF Global Innovator and our technology is being used by many of the world’s leading financial institutions to keep millions of consumers safe.
But we aren’t stopping here. Callsign is venturing on a multi-cloud strategy and looking for exceptional talent with experience of Google Cloud Platform. As a GCP DevOps Engineer here at Callsign, you will play a critical role to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud native on Google Cloud Platform. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
- Lead the design, implementation, and operational support of the infrastructure on GCP leveraging the latest services and technologies including, but not limited to, Kubernetes and Google’s new networking solutions
- Automate the provisioning of environments and the deployment of those environments using orchestration scripts
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize production systems
- Ensure system stability, security, efficiency, and scalability
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless deployment of software
- Enhance monitoring and troubleshooting solutions with GCP’s operations suite
- Lead initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate with the team to establish DevOps practices, CI/CD pipelines, and deployment strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field
- Professional experience with GCP managed services, Kubernetes, and databases
- Familiarity with the latest offerings from Google Cloud, especially the ones launched or highlighted in 2023
- Proficiency in scripting and automation with languages such as Python, Bash, GoLang or similar
- Proficiency with setting up CI/CD pipelines and terraform
- Proficiency with Observability stack – NewRelic, Prometheus, Grafana and EFK
- Certification in Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer or equivalent is a plus
- Strong understanding of database management, and experience with SQL and NoSQL databases – Experience with Cassandra is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and other cloud technologies
- Active participation in the cloud community, contributing to open-source projects, and attending industry events
If you feel you have the above skills we would love to hear from you!
Posted on Nov 10, 2023.