About the job
This job will involve primarily working with BI tools such as High charts, Dundas BI or Power BI to provide rapid solutions for various business needs. You will work with our business team to determine their needs. You will have experience working with engineering. You will be responsible for the application’s architectural layout, analyse the business team’s requirements and advise them accordingly. Together with your project team, you will be responsible for the system’s design, development, implementation and evolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Designing, developing and maintaining ecommerce/marketplace websites, mobile and software applications.
· Ecommerce business understanding for checkout, payment, order management, product & catalogues, personalisation, subscription, customer data and omnichannel.
· Solid understanding and capabilities with headless technologies, microservices, API-based platforms, event driven architectures, logging, message queues, security best practices, identity management, performance engineering, CI/CD, search, commerce analytics.
· Collaborative and able to work closely with external agencies, contractors and system providers as well assisting on building and leading the internal team.
· Experience consuming RESTful APIs.
· Utilising scripting or authoring languages, content creation tools, and digital media.
· Resolving conflicts, prioritising needs, developing content criteria, or choosing solutions with teams and stakeholders.
· Directing the creation of content for the Website and designing the content.
· Testing and customer feedback reveal problems that need to be corrected.
· Checking code for validity, structure, compatibility, and compliance with industry standards.
· Analysing technical requirements to determine user needs.
Requirements and Skills
· At least 3 years of professional experience as Front End Developer
· Experience designing and implementing standards and frameworks
· Ability to profile and optimise components performance focussing on improving UX
· Experience working with a mobile first approach
· Experience evolving in large-scale and resilient microservices with 24/7 uptime
· Experience with design and building-low latency and highly available API’s
· Extensive use of API’s and understanding of React Native with redux and REST architecture
· Experience writing reusable testable and efficient code
· Passionate about software development and highly skilled in the digital commerce
· Solid experience in building marketplaces and ecommerce is essential
· Previous work with VTEX platform is a huge bonus
· Excellent PHP 7. x (or higher) & Docker skills
· Hands-on Know-How of Composer, Symfony, and Propel ORM
· SOLID principles & skills in architecting maintainable features
· Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS
· Knowledge in the unit (it can even be TDD)
· Git and agile workflows
· Good understanding of relational databases (MySQL & PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
· Proficiency in English