About the job
Software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
This opportunity is for a new product suite, WATSONX, that IBM brought to the market in 2024. We are looking for seasoned professionals who are passionate about Data, AI and ML..
Your Role and Responsibilities
What’s In It For You
- You will work in an innovation driven, collaborative environment to understand requirements, architect, design and implement functionalities / features
- You will work with customers, understand their requirements and translate then to product features
- You will work in a agile development environment and be part of large scale scrums
- You will actively contribute to all phases of software development including development and testing
- You will experience a culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- You will develop proof of concepts to establish technical feasibility
- You will mentor junior members
- You will get an opportunity to work with various open source products and actively contribute back to their community
- You will get equal opportunity to work on cloud and software product deployments
- You will be the pioneers and be part core team to set up and establish this mission
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with Linux or Unix based OS
- Working knowledge in Container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker
- Working knowledge on OpenShift
- Experience working with Automation and Integration processes and tools like Jenkins.
- Experienced with tools such as GitHub
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM-based environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Excellent communicator
For Senior Bands
- Team leading and leadership experience
- Influencing skills
- Experience of having worked in global organisations will be an added advantage
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience with AI & ML Technologies
- Experience with Data Engineering, Data Governance, Data Management
- AWS or IBM Cloud expertise
- Awareness or past experience in Big Data technologies, Spark, streaming data
- Track record of open source contributions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
About Business Unit
IBM Software infuses core business operations with intelligence—from machine learning to generative AI—to help make organizations more responsive, productive, and resilient. IBM Software helps clients put AI into action now to create real value with trust, speed, and confidence across digital labor, IT automation, application modernization, security, and sustainability. Critical to this is the ability to make use of all data, because AI is only as good as the data that fuels it. In most organizations data is spread across multiple clouds, on premises, in private datacenters, and at the edge. IBM’s AI and data platform scales and accelerates the impact of AI with trusted data, and provides leading capabilities to train, tune and deploy AI across business. IBM’s hybrid cloud platform is one of the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—a flexible foundation for leveraging data, wherever it resides, to extend AI deep into a business.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.