About the job
Founded in 2020, Tamara empowers over 10 million people daily. We’re pioneers, revolutionizing how people shop, pay and bank across the MENA region. We partner with thousands of merchants, from leading global and regional brands such as SHEIN, Jarir, Noon, IKEA, and H&M to small and medium businesses. Our rapid growth has resulted in success as we mark our Unicorn status. It’s exciting, and this is just the beginning. It’s more than a place to work; together, we are a customer-focused community, changing people’s lives whilst achieving business results.
About The Role
We’re seeking a Java Engineer. As a Java Engineer, you will be crucial in crafting and advancing our payment solution using innovative technology, ensuring seamless, scalable, and efficient transaction processing.
Drawing on your proficiency in software development, you will be responsible for innovating and refining our secure and robust payment services, to create unique experiences only Tamara can provide.
With a proven track record of developing sophisticated backend services, you will collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers, designers, analysts, and product specialists. Your role involves architecting system designs, crafting innovative technical solutions, and tackling intricate challenges and ultimately revolutionize the way millions of users shop, pay, and bank.
You are a driven, determined, curious team player, knowing that collective strength means we all win. With a positive outlook, you are solution-oriented–persevering regardless of circumstances, always finding a way through, no matter the challenges.
You will effectively find a way to work with everyone through empathy and respect. You will be driven and comfortable with responding quickly with urgency, with the ability to change course without losing momentum and energy, resulting in great success.
- API and System Development: Design, construct, and sustain APIs, services, and systems crucial for evolving and maintaining our Payment solutions.
- Debugging: Tackle production issues across various services and levels of the stack to ensure smooth operation.
- Collaborative Feature Development: Join forces with the Payment team to create and implement features that enhance the user experience across the system.
- Cross-functional Teamwork: Work closely with business, product, and operations teams to effectively identify and address user pain points.
- Relevant Experience: At least 3 years of software development experience.
- Java Skills: Strong proficiency in Java and related technologies.
- Foundational Knowledge: Fundamental experience with Spring Boot framework and understanding of SOLID principles and Design Patterns.
- Database Familiarity: Experience with RDBMS
- Distributed Systems Understanding: Basic knowledge of distributed systems and messaging tools like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Container Technologies: Familiarity with Container/Docker technologies; Kubernetes knowledge is a plus.
- Agile Methodology: Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Cloud Services Awareness: Basic knowledge of Cloud Services (AWS/GCP/OCI) is beneficial.
- Fintech Insight: Previous experience in the fintech sector, especially in payment solutions, is advantageous but not required.
Join the revolution
Tamara is a vibrant hub of exceptional individuals worldwide, with over 40+ nationalities committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We’re proud of the wealth of cultural backgrounds that shape our teams, ensuring every experience is acknowledged and celebrated.
We seek self driven individuals, fuelled by curiosity, ready to take control of their professional and personal development. We’re creating a place where possibilities are for the taking through career mobility, mentoring and cross-border collaboration. This approach has earned us a spot as one of the competitive tech companies to work for.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.