About the job
Do you want to build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Do you have a proven ability to automate software build and deployment process? Are you capable of challenging the traditional approach towards creating software and leading organization change towards a lean software development world?We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to:
- work together with developers, testers and product owner throughout SDLC, in the area of release integration, deployment and beyond
- build and setup new CI/CD tooling and pipelines and deliver Azure infrastructure for development teams
- write, test and examine code, work with software developers and software engineers to ensure development follows established processes and patterns
- roll up the sleeves and proactively look for ways to automate and improve development and release process
- organize and coordinate releases, patching cycles, BCM tests with all involved teams
- create a DevOps culture and impact the organization towards lean software development
- engage in agile ways of working and scrum ceremonies
You will be a part of Client Contract & Sign crew, supporting development of Identification product and taking our platform to the next level. You will be working with a fast-paced, product-oriented team with diverse background and footprint around the globe. This role is based in Qatar, where you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive, start-up-like organization.
- at least 5 years’ experience in a hands-on DevOps role, preferably in a large financial institution
- passionate towards DevOps transformation, motivated towards lean software management
- strong know-how in transforming traditional build and release processes to an agile, pipeline-oriented, modern and automated setup
- proven experience in building, maintaining and executing assets to deploy software (including micro services) to Cloud
- proficiency with Azure Dev Ops technology focusing on CI/CD
- working Knowledge of Kubernetes (AKS) within the Azure environment
- proficiency in at least one scripting (Python, Bash, Typescript), or programming language Java
- familiar with Ansible or other Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) tool
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How We Hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.