About the job
Meet Landmark Digital – we’re part of the Landmark Group, one of the largest retail and hospitality organisations in the Middle East, North Africa, and India.
We’re guardians of the group’s digital arm which encompasses of Enterprise & E-commerce Tech, Product Management, User Design, Omni Operations, Customer Experience, Loyalty, Content Production, Studio, Growth and MarTech, Finance and HR functions. With a futuristic outlook we strive to make the digital experience of our customers seamless.
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, we’re currently driving the digital experience for 8 industry-leading brands in 8 geographies, and rapidly expanding our footprint across new territories and functions. Join us, and you’ll be part of the Middle East’s biggest bricks-to-clicks success story, that registers over 100% growth year-on-year.
Agile work culture: Within the digital function, you’ll be hands-on from day one, working in squads to make independent decisions and game-changing contributions that directly impact millions of customers. You’ll collaborate every day with teammates from 20+ nationalities, across Dubai, India, Europe and the US.
Space for excellence: Landmark Digital has a dedicated and growing software development centre in Bangalore, India, where we incubate, design and optimise our products and experiences. We also offer the option to work remotely for certain key roles.
New technologies to play with: You’ll work with the latest in Enterprise & E-commerce tech, headless commerce, open source, microservices, Java Spring Boot and Spring Cloud, React Native iOS and Android apps, React frontend and a host of the latest cloud native technologies hosted on Azure Cloud!
Focus on learning and growth: Excellent remuneration and perks are part of the package, but we also budget ample time and resources for training and upskilling.
Fun at work: You’ll enjoy our well-equipped breakrooms (FIFA and pool are huge favourites), team events, celebrations and a host of other amenities.
The DevOps engineer serves as a bridge between the development and operations functions. The engineer identifies and optimizes the interdependencies between these functions through a collaborative to approach to continuous. The engineer works to improve developer productivity and delivery speed by enabling developers to be more self-sufficient and automating operations processes.
- Collaborates with development, quality assurance, operations, support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline.
- Identifies interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development and operations functions.
- Identifies opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the delivery process.
- Designs, implements, and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployment processes.
- Creates reusable automation libraries and APIs that can be applied across the enterprise.
- Standardizes change, validation, and deployment processes to reduce complexity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in DevOps.
- Understanding on Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts with pipelines in multiple tools (e.g. Jenkins, Azure Devops)
- Deep understanding of containerization and orchestration concepts such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of operations processes, system administration & automation (e.g. Linux, Unix)
- Proficiency with configuration management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience in continuous integration, continuous delivery, test-driven development, and release management
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (e.g., engineering), or equivalent practical experience
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working with multiple cross functional teams
- Attention to detail